Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito robbed Cotto of millions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Cotto vs DLH would have been made.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      If he beat De La Hoya he would be the man everybody wants to fight is what I'm saying. A Floyd vs Cotto fight was so close as I feel if he beat Margarito and De La Hoya Mayweather would have come out and fought him.

Though I wouldn't be vex at a Mayweather and Pacquiao fight I'd have loved to see him square of against Cotto.
      You're making some pretty good points here. You're def right, If Cotto would have beaten Margarito and De La Hoya then Mayweather would have def fight Cotto, I think there's little to no doubt about that.
      Last edited by PrettyBoyRoy 88; 04-01-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

De La Hoya said he would fight the winner. I guess he smelled the ***** on Margacheato and chose to fight Pacquiao instead.

Obviously he said he would fight the winner as it created hype on that fight but everyone expected Cotto to win and he probably would have, I am convinced he cheated my dad thought something was suspect before the whole **** with Mosley went down and what he said after the fight makes perfect sense now, the punches Margarito threw shouldn't have busted Cotto's face up the way it did.

He cost his millions and he shaved years off of his career. More I think about it is the more I think the cheat should be banned for good.

Comment

De La Hoya said he would fight the winner. I guess he smelled the ***** on Margacheato and chose to fight Pacquiao instead.

Obviously he said he would fight the winner as it created hype on that fight but everyone expected Cotto to win and he probably would have, I am convinced he cheated my dad thought something was suspect before the whole **** with Mosley went down and what he said after the fight makes perfect sense now, the punches Margarito threw shouldn't have busted Cotto's face up the way it did.

He cost his millions and he shaved years off of his career. More I think about it is the more I think the cheat should be banned for good.
          totally agreed

Comment

Cotto robbed himself by letting a one dimensional fighter kick his ass. I know that sounds like a flame, but it's more of a disgruntled complement. I believe Cotto could have won, bricks or no bricks, simply because of his raw talent. Cotto lost a fight to a man with a better plan that day, not to a cheating man.

Do you think Mosley would have lost if Margarito was loaded? I highly, highly doubt it would have had an impact on the fight.

Comment

o you think Mosley would of lost if Margarito was loaded? I highly, highly doubt it would of had an impact on the fight.
              Do you think Margarito would have fought the sameway if he had loaded gloves, just saying. I mean if I entered a fight knowing I have knuckle dusters the way I'd fight would differ completely as I would know that no matter what pain they cause me my punches would **** them up eventually.

Him getting busted cheating would have lowered his confidence, also it's the fact that he would know his career is in danger.

Comment

Maybe I'm a bit slow but it only just occurred to me how much this fight cost Cotto. Yeah most people question the actual loss but that isn't it.

Cotto was in line to fight De La Hoya, this would have actually been a career high for Cotto. I think he would have gone on to beat De La Hoya he would have then become a superstar.

Because of his loss, Pacquiao got the De La Hoya fight, the millions and the superstar status. This could have all been Cotto's and we would have probably seen a Cotto vs Mayweather match.

Now it's all Pacquiao, I don't begrudge him any of this though if I was Cotto all of this would be running through my mind, I'd actually want to a rematch not to win but to cause severe damage.
                Yeah, and a possible fight against Mayweather.

Comment

Maybe I'm a bit slow but it only just occurred to me how much this fight cost Cotto. Yeah most people question the actual loss but that isn't it.

Cotto was in line to fight De La Hoya, this would have actually been a career high for Cotto. I think he would have gone on to beat De La Hoya he would have then become a superstar.

Because of his loss, Pacquiao got the De La Hoya fight, the millions and the superstar status. This could have all been Cotto's and we would have probably seen a Cotto vs Mayweather match.

Now it's all Pacquiao, I don't begrudge him any of this though if I was Cotto all of this would be running through my mind, I'd actually want to a rematch not to win but to cause severe damage.
                  I gotta agree... if cotto beat margo he would've got dlh.

that said, there's no evidence that margo actually cheated against cotto, but it's probable.

Comment

Originally posted by jmmfan View Post
                    Cotto robbed himself by letting a one dimensional fighter kick his ass. I know that sounds like a flame, but it's more of a disgruntled complement. I believe Cotto could have won, bricks or no bricks, simply because of his raw talent. Cotto lost a fight to a man with a better plan that day, not to a cheating man.

Do you think Mosley would have lost if Margarito was loaded? I highly, highly doubt it would have had an impact on the fight.
                    u highly doubt that?? why don't u get hit with a loaded gloves then talk. no offense buddy but if one punch can change a fight don't u think that getting hit with loaded gloves will be the same?? i don't think so....

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
                      Oscar was scared of Cotto, didn't he use the excuse my wife is puerto rican and I can't fight puerto ricans or some ****. Yet, he fought trinidad...

Comment

Working...
                      X