No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Social Network

5/5 star.. a must see movie for "smart" people..

Comment

• "Legion"

An out-of-the-way diner becomes the unlikely battleground for the survival of the human race. When God loses faith in humankind, he sends his legion of angels to bring on the Apocalypse. Humanity's only hope lies in a group of strangers trapped in a desert diner with the Archangel Michael. Michael refuses to do what God has asked because he does not believe that is the right thing to do so Gabriel takes over in the hunt for the unborn child that is hoped to be the Messiah.

This movie stars Paul Bettany as Michael, Lucas Black, Tyrese Gibson, Dennis Quaid and Charles Dutton.

I must say I was very sceptical about this movie because of the whole god/angel/religion thing but to be honest I was absolutely blown away. This movie went by so fast I thought it was 45 minutes instead of an hour and 45 minutes. Great fight scenes, Great Story, Great Cast, Just everything about this was great. Ohh and best part Dennis Quaid Dies!!

I would rewatch this movie again and again and would highly recommend it if not for the action definately the story. Almost had a Boondock Saints feel to it mixed in with a few possessed people acting like zombies. Only thing it didnt have going for it was it didnt get full character development out of it you didnt realize why they were there accept in bits and pieces and you had to just imagine the rest.

Rocco Rating 9.0 out of 10
      Last edited by rocco1252; 10-20-2010, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by U.ncleSam View Post
        The Social Network

5/5 star.. a must see movie for "smart" people..
        Care to explain?

Comment

• i would like to apologize to everyone i attacked over Fourth Kind

i watched it sober the other day and it was ****

Comment

• Everybody's Fine 2009

A widower who realized his only connection to his family was through his wife sets off on an impromptu road trip to reunite with each of his grown children.
            De Niro really delivers in a movie that was marketed as a holyday happy joyful movie, but it's actually a drama. Rest of the cast was pretty much spot on. It gets a bit sad as the movie goes on but De Niro gives it a very real feel so it didn't seem over-dramatic to me.

8/10

Comment

• The Manchurian Candidate.

Don't know where i've been for the past 6 years, but this is a dope political thriller that keeps you hooked from start to finish. ANother great performance from Denzel.

Also one of the main characters is the guy who does the voice of HBO's 24/7 Liev Schreiber!.

Comment

• Originally posted by On Fire Maguire View Post
                The Manchurian Candidate.

Don't know where i've been for the past 6 years, but this is a dope political thriller that keeps you hooked from start to finish. ANother great performance from Denzel.

Also one of the main characters is the guy who does the voice of HBO's 24/7 Liev Schreiber!.
                Love that movie...

Crossing Over

Starring Ashley Judd, Ray Liotta, and Harrison Ford

This movie is structured much similar to Crash, where separate characters and stories are told and are woven together. I thought it was a pretty good movie. Tells the story about immigration in America, legal and illegal, and the people it impacts. The ****ed up part is that it pretty much shows the authorities (immigration officers) as the antagonists. Besides that, it kept me hooked.

7.5/10

Comment

• "Spartan"

U.S. secret agent Bobby Scott (Val Kilmer) is assigned to rescue a high-ranking government official's daughter (Kristen Bell), who's been kidnapped by sex traffickers in this twisty political thriller written and directed by famed playwright David Mamet. As Scott delves deeper into the girl's disappearance, he discovers a larger, more insidious plot and coverup -- and it's up to him to get to the bottom of it. William H. Macy co-stars.

This movie takes place in the City of Boston(my home town) and is very similar to the movie "Taken" without as much direct action and more politically based. This film is very thought envoking and does very well to make you fell like it could be real. Action scenes were ok, acting was ok, story was ok, sometimes the amount the characters repeated themselves especially Val Kilmers got a bit annoying.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• Snow Angels 2007

A drama that interweaves the life of a teenager, with his old baby sitter, her estranged husband, and their daughter.
                    Slow paced drama with decent directing and solid performances from the cast, mainly Sam Rockwell and Kate Beckinsale. The plot can seem boring but IMO it isn't. Not a movie for pure entertainment, leaves an aftertaste.

7.5/10

Comment

• The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Everybody knows this film as a Clint Eastwood classic, one of Sergio Leone's iconic Spaghetti Westerns, a story of greed, double and triple crossing. What you don't know about this film is that Eastwood (The Man with No Name AKA Blondie) gets just about every scene stolen from him by Eli Wallach who plays the deranged bandit Tuco.

Tuco is incredible, every scene he's in is amazing. Whether he's playing stooge to Blondie's Catch an Outlaw, Free an Outlaw routine or dealing with a hostile while taking a bubble bath, he's a treat to watch.

Rounding out the cast is the downright despicable Angel Eyes (Lee Van Cleef) who makes a departure from the relatively benign bounty hunter in For a Few Dollars More into being a full on psychopath. I would make him one of my top three movie villains of all times.

The intrigue involved between these three characters builds over nearly three hours of treasure hunting action and climaxes in a tense and thrilling Mexican standoff. If you haven't seen this film, stop what you're doing right now and get it watched!

By the way, 10/10.

Comment

Working...
                      X