Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner: The Great Al Bernstein Calls it as he sees it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
    As usual, I couldnt agree with Al more. Broner has mediocre power and even worse defense, even if trying to look like Floyd.
    The top guys at the 140 and 147 would destroy this loud mouthed baboon.

Al Bernstein speaking nothing but the truth, as usual.

Comment

• The exact way I feel about Broner. That was a great assessment by Al.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        The Paulie fight was a great learning experience because he dealt with a pure boxer who was just as strong as him physically. Broner had more power and more tools which is why he beat clearly beat Paulie. I think the kid should stay at ww and give up the Armstrong holding two belts simultaneously dream lol.
        I think he should also. He should be able to handle himself at welter. He has a good size at the weight. Yoyo-ing around in weight classes will only shorten his career. He should pick welter and stay put for a few years. Once he is comfortable at the weight, he should start looking stronger and getting more pop on his punches.

I don't judge him from the Pauli fight. It was his first fight in a weight class against a cagey vet. Welter though does have some very good punchers and he really has to learn to breath through his nose when he fights. He does not have the defense of Floyd and never will. He is more offensive minded and has to patch that open mouth. I am surprised his own team is not barking at him about that already, because it could lead to trouble. If he does that and works on timing his jab and lateral movement when opponents open up on him, he will become a monster.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Based on what? If Maidana was one of the hardest punchers in the sport he'd have got Morales, Khan and Corley out of there.

Maidana can punch but he's not even nearly one of the hardest punchers in the sport. He's one of the most overrated punchers Infact.
          He just told you. It was technique that was holding Maidana back from knocking out some other guys. Technique is very important for establishing leverage on a punch, and landing in just the right spot, at just the right moment. Now he's brushing up on technique and he's gonna be a monster at 147. He has the heart, the chin, the power.. he just needed to correct his technique, and he's working on that. There is very little to dislike about how Maidana is progressing as a fighter, and more and more of you will see once he completely dominates and dismantles Adrien Broner.

Adrien Broner, who the hardest puncher he's probably faced was a lightweight Demarco... He's gonna shake and bake Maidana, with cement in his shoes, and his mouth wide open, and ego too large for his stiff shoulder roll...?

Why is his power even a question? Broner couldn't knock out Ponce while Mares could, yet we are supposed to act like he's some monster puncher that brought his power up two divisions, even though he performed subpar against a faded Malignaggi. All signs point to a damn blowout in favor of Marcos.

The only question is: can he take Chino's power, when Chino hasn't smothered himself or swung a shot all the way from Kansas? I vote no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
            He just told you. It was technique that was holding Maidana back from knocking out some other guys. Technique is very important for establishing leverage on a punch, and landing in just the right spot, at just the right moment. Now he's brushing up on technique and he's gonna be a monster at 147. He has the heart, the chin, the power.. he just needed to correct his technique, and he's working on that. There is very little to dislike about how Maidana is progressing as a fighter, and more and more of you will see once he completely dominates and dismantles Adrien Broner.

Adrien Broner, who the hardest puncher he's probably faced was a lightweight Demarco... He's gonna shake and bake Maidana, with cement in his shoes, and his mouth wide open, and ego too large for his stiff shoulder roll...?

Why is his power even a question? Broner couldn't knock out Ponce while Mares could, yet we are supposed to act like he's some monster puncher that brought his power up two divisions, even though he performed subpar against a faded Malignaggi. All signs point to a damn blowout in favor of Marcos.

The only question is: can he take Chino's power, when Chino hasn't smothered himself or swung a shot all the way from Kansas? I vote no.
            Broner doesn't punch anywhere near as hard as Maidana.

If you look, I've said in my posts that I think Broner is in big trouble if he faces Maidana.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Broner doesn't punch anywhere near as hard as Maidana.

If you look, I've said in my posts that I think Broner is in big trouble if he faces Maidana.
              ah... Well then we are in accord... in some respects

I was responding to the overrated puncher comment, and then digressed a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
                ah... Well then we are in accord... in some respects

I was responding to the overrated puncher comment, and then digressed a bit.
                I think his punching power is overrated in the sense that he's not one of the hardest punchers in Boxing.

I'm not saying he's not a hard puncher. He most definitely can punch very hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Actually, this is a myth. He did not go up 2 divisions, he went up 1 and might not even have gone up that to begin with.

Broner wasn't making 135 anymore, let's be real. He is probably big for 140, when you saw him and Malignaggi stand face to face, you saw the size difference. Broner was the bigger man..

He also didn't fight a style that gave him problems. Why do you think he skipped the 140 division and went straight to Paulie at 147? It was the perfect style and the perfect fighter for him.

A guy that has no power, no chance to hurt you.

So you think Paulie should change his entire style just to accommodate Broner? LOL
                  I totally agree with this..

Comment

Working...
                  X