Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PACQUIAO Fires VisionQwest (Philippines News Report)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
    I think this whole VisionQwest debachle says just how much Manny needs people around him that are solely concerned with his business interests. At the rate he's going Pacquiao will be broke by the end of career, if he isn't broke already. I seem to remember a 24/7 where Freddie Roach expresses his concern that Manny will be broke by the end of his career. Manny has such a large entourage and a lot of people, including his promoter, that are hanging on for dear life until every last drop of financial wealth is drained.

The sport of boxing is replete with fighters that won amazing sums of money but in the end became paupers.
    People focus on the dumb purchases that Floyd makes (and he DOES). But Pacquiao's purchases are even dumber.

For example: Floyd may buy a watch for $200K. Manny will charter a 727 and fly a planeload of people in. Both have spent $200K.

But at least Floyd can they go sell that watch for $50K. What has Manny gotten other than a bunch of moochers in red blue and gold sweatjackets mooching off him?

I hate to see these guys do this. BOTH/ALL of them.

Comment

Freddie Roach on Manny Pacquiao: “He’s Broke, Needs to Keep Fighting”
      Published On 20 Aug 2011 By Robert Littal.
      Follow BlkSportsOnline on Twitter
      32Share

A lot of people are interested in Floyd Mayweather’s finances (IRS, Baby Mamas, Security Guards & etc), but could it be that Pacquiao is in worst financial shape?

A couple of things to remember. Pacquiao is promoted by Top Rank and because of a legal dispute Golden Boy also gets a percentage of his purses. Freddie Roach is one of the most expensive trainers in the business and Pacquiao’s entourage is bigger than Mayweather’s crew.

The best way I can explain is like this this Pacquiao would be a like a great rapper who doesn’t own any of his publishing and is signed to Bad Boy whereas Mayweather owns his own label, masters and just pays for distribution.

If they are both making 20 million a fight after everyone is paid Mayweather will always keep more money in his pocket than Pacquiao. So I am not surprised by this quote from Freddie Roach.

Roach tellingly explained to Brin-Jonathan Butler: “He’s broke because of that and all the people he flies around to his fights. He goes through money like you wouldn’t believe. He can’t say no. Of course he’ll have to keep fighting. He does now. He won’t be able to stop – it’s his life.”

Is it possible that Pacquiao needs Mayweather more than Mayweather needs Pacquiao just from a financial perspective?

Something to think about as we inch closer to their superfight.

Comment

Originally posted by Knee Grow
        at least pacquiao got rich then broke.. you on other hand is too dumb and talentless to be rich..

Comment

Working...
        X