who should loma fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yessss collect all the titles!

Comment

I think Crawford at 135lb would be a good match up. Lomo is fighting at 140+ anyways, he may as well get rid of the 126 mark and move into a division where he has no concerns about weight and he can train for adding more power. He uses the clock very well but I'd like to see him do more work and a little less movement. He needs to move and come off it and sit down on his punches so he can begin to wear down his opponents starting in the second round not the 5th.
      He fought well the other night but the young man he fought had no punch and he gave up a lot of size! Even when Lomo's punches were blocked he moved his opponent.
      I think 135 would be perfect for a year, he would have good opponents and he could generate more money. Donaire & Rigo are way to small to mix with him.
      Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        I think Crawford at 135lb would be a good match up. Lomo is fighting at 140+ anyways, he may as well get rid of the 126 mark and move into a division where he has no concerns about weight and he can train for adding more power. He uses the clock very well but I'd like to see him do more work and a little less movement. He needs to move and come off it and sit down on his punches so he can begin to wear down his opponents starting in the second round not the 5th.
        He fought well the other night but the young man he fought had no punch and he gave up a lot of size! Even when Lomo's punches were blocked he moved his opponent.
        I think 135 would be perfect for a year, he would have good opponents and he could generate more money. Donaire & Rigo are way to small to mix with him.
        Ray.
        Didn't he only weigh 138 on fight night? Those guys would be much bigger then him. Let's see him fight the quality guys at 126 first.

Comment

This guy is no pup, he needs to earn now and 126 is no money division.
          If he was 138 at the bell then the other must have been 112 hahahaha.
          These guys like Rigo and Lomo who have tons of experience but are not 26 years old anymore they need to put the pedal down unless winning BS titles is more important than bank rolling their lives!
          This is pro prize fighting and money speaks loudest when the finish line is moving towards you. Unless a couple of million works for you then so be it.
          I look at a guy like GGG and see the time clicking by him. No one will sign at 160 so he has to vacate where he's best suited and go after bigger guys or he leaves the sport without earning his due.
          Ray.

Comment

These guys like Rigo and Lomo who have tons of experience but are not 26 years old anymore they need to put the pedal down unless winning BS titles is more important than bank rolling their lives!
            This is pro prize fighting and money speaks loudest when the finish line is moving towards you. Unless a couple of million works for you then so be it.
            I look at a guy like GGG and see the time clicking by him. No one will sign at 160 so he has to vacate where he's best suited and go after bigger guys or he leaves the sport without earning his due.
            Ray.
            126 to 140 O__O? thats 14lbs difference!
            really ._.? how come they dont show weight of fight night anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
              126 to 140 O__O? thats 14lbs difference!
              really ._.? how come they dont show weight of fight night anymore?
              They did, last night. Loma 138.5, Russell 138

Comment

TS you named three Showtime or Golden Boy boxers and a fourth in Rigo who is done with Top Rank after his next fight but don't list the three other champions Top Rank has in the same division as Lomachenko. Odd choices.

Ray.
                Lomachenko and Russell both weighed 138lbs in the ring last night and you think he should move up two weight divisions which are both loaded with talent to compete in the desolate LW division? Horrible advice.
                Last edited by Khmelnytsky; 06-22-2014, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Loma has done some good things considering his limited pro experience, but right now a bout with Rigo, Santa Cruz or any of the guys on that level would be bad. Hopefully you guys don't think he can beat these guys based on that decision over Russell Jr.

Comment

he shouldn't fight anyone on that list because they all fold him.

Comment

Ray.
                      126 is a much better money division than 130 or 135..

Donaire, mares, jhonny, bring more money than Crawford, Vasquez,

Comment

Working...
                      X