Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Berto Zaveck was dissapointing to some huh, for 10 bucks a month?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    No, you continously mentioned his name saying "I already know how it ends, but we complain about berto, the Punisher & every other Al Haymond advised fighter for 10 bucks a month"

Your OP is basically about how people hate on him because he gives us fights for $10 a month....yippeeeeee.
    Yes,my opinion is I pay ten bucks a month & ocasionally an Al Haymond fighter gets airtime on hbo. But for a whopping 60 bucks I get to see Pacman smash a shot overmatched opponent a night. I think the latter is far worse, don't you?

Comment

Berto - Zaveck > Pac - Mosleys remains

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        Berto - Zaveck > Pac - Mosleys remains
        That's the point homey, that's the point.

Comment

But bushbaby, if we as fans don't ***** and moan a little bit, then the network will get complacent and lazy and get away with putting the least amount of effort in, while just doing favors for their cronies. I agree, HBO does give us good fights, and I have no problem paying 10 bucks a month, for boxing and everything else HBO provides.

we have to keep them in check, and let them know when we think something is BS. I think Berto and Williams are exciting fighters to watch, but I do think it was BS letting Berto win the WBC strap from that one journeyman, and then paying him a million to fight freddy hernandez. But Berto redeemed himself with his performance against Ortiz, even though he lost. I just hope he consistently fights world class fighters from here on out - no more wasting valuable slots on BS fights.

Comment

how can boxing fans complain about free fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Yes,my opinion is I pay ten bucks a month & ocasionally an Al Haymond fighter gets airtime on hbo. But for a whopping 60 bucks I get to see Pacman smash a shot overmatched opponent a night. I think the latter is far worse, don't you?
              Then dont buy the Pac fights.

Youre trying to push your opinion on others. You waste so much energy complaining and putting down pac and arum. Like 90% of your posts consist of talking about the negatives of Top Rank

Jesus, let people watch and pay for what ever they want

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Then dont buy the Pac fights.

Youre trying to push your opinion on others. You waste so much energy complaining and putting down pac and arum. Like 90% of your posts consist of talking about the negatives of Top Rank

Jesus, let people watch and pay for what ever they want
                I'm really not. I just feel it proper to point out some things that people tend to ignore. Saturday was good boxing. In a good month of boxing on hbo, even without the Floyd-Ortiz ppv. I find it silly to complain about. So I point it out.

Comment

it wasn't disappointing bro. ignore the trolls. that was 5 most exciting rounds i have seen in recent months. and i've caught all the major fights. hope there is a rematch , else i hope for the best for both boxers, esp. zavec, that was a damn tough debut. with a better cutman he could still be doing some noise in the WW in the next year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
                    it wasn't disappointing bro. ignore the trolls. that was 5 most exciting rounds i have seen in recent months. and i've caught all the major fights. hope there is a rematch , else i hope for the best for both boxers, esp. zavec, that was a damn tough debut. with a better cutman he could still be doing some noise in the WW in the next year or two.
                    I thought Zaveck was winning, Berto was busier, but he missed a bunch & Zaveck wwas tking his toll. I believe that around the 8th Berto would have faded badly & Zaveck would just run him outa the ring, that dude seems strong as ****.

Comment

Hahaha, just finished watching Berto-Ortiz on hbo on demand. Another exciting fight for 10 bucks a month. Now tomorrow I get to watch Berto-Zaveck. Good all action fights against comparible skillsets. Without the hefty 60 buck a night ppv mismatch.LOL!!

Comment

Working...
                      X