No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins-Dawson Lands in Staples, Shifts Over Duva Rift

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
    The main thing I took from this article is that Schaefer is no boxer but damn does he hold clout. Has a friend at Clear Channel who can make dates available? That's juice.
    man i fear richard schaefer, i ain't gon lie. seems like he don't f-ck around. probably could have you whacked if he wants to. and that accent...scary. where did he come from anyway and what all was he into before boxing? his rise to power seemed to come out of nowhere.

Comment

two East Coast guys fighting on the West Coast? Makes no damn sense!

this fight will fail in PPV Buys and at the Gate every time a promotion works together with Shaw to try and setup a fight, Location is always a damn problem

nobody on the West Coast knows Dawson and people have respect for Hopkins of course but nobody is lining up to see him fight
      Last edited by sicko; 07-28-2011, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I personally don't care if it is on either the East or West Coasts. I wouldn't walk across the road to see Hopkins grunt, puff butt, foul and grapple his way through a fight if it were free. And I certainly will not be a PPV purchaser. Tht is a fraud on the public. A genuine PPV fight should be something really special.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
          man i fear richard schaefer, i ain't gon lie. seems like he don't f-ck around. probably could have you whacked if he wants to. and that accent...scary. where did he come from anyway and what all was he into before boxing? his rise to power seemed to come out of nowhere.
          Originally posted by Elotero View Post
          The main thing I took from this article is that Schaefer is no boxer but damn does he hold clout. Has a friend at Clear Channel who can make dates available? That's juice.
          The Swiss Banker cops a lot of flak.

Funny, because he is likely the best fight negotiator in the game, bar none.

I remember reading an article about 5 years ago.

In various boxing inner-circles, Shaefer is known as the " go-to " man.

If you want a fight negotiated, then you go see Richard Schaefer.

He is a superb businessman, the ultimate diplomat, and he is also fast-becoming a boxing guy, which is important in this game.

I hope his integrity remains high.

Comment

Dawson will get his a.ss whooped on the east and the west coast . . Hopkins by landslide beatdown

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
              This is going to be a snooze fest
              says the puerto rican ... dont worry bruh the way hopkins grabbed that flagged and stepped on it then took a sht on trinidad wouldve hurt me too

Comment

SMFH....shudda been on the East Coast...if it was in Jersey I wudda went...

Dawson doesn't have a big fanbase and Bernard isn't gonna do BIG numbers out West...

Why.........

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                  Wow that blows big time. Shoulda been on the east coast.
                  Not for Me!!! I was live at the Rios vs Antillion fight at the Home Depot Center and I am getting ready to get my tickets for Canello Alvarez vs Alfonso Gomez!!! I'm super psyched that this is also coming to L.A.!!!! I will definitely be there for Hopkins vs Dawson as well

Comment

This is where the old Hopkins rocking chair finally breaks. If Chad comes out motivated with his skill and accuracy, he should knock Hopkins over zealous ass out. If Chad fights like he did against Pascal, Hopkins wins by decision. I don't see Hopkins old ass knocking anybody out.

Comment

Originally posted by vinny2006 View Post
                      This is where the old Hopkins rocking chair finally breaks. If Chad comes out motivated with his skill and accuracy, he should knock Hopkins over zealous ass out. If Chad fights like he did against Pascal, Hopkins wins by decision. I don't see Hopkins old ass knocking anybody out.
                      hopkins: 52 wins 34 ko's dawson: 30 wins 17 ko's

chad knocks out hopkins? who has never been knocked out in his entire career?!

hopkins schools dawson in the art of lateral movement.

Comment

Working...
                      X