No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Smells Like Home Cookin’: Review and Ratings Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Smells Like Home Cookin’: Review and Ratings Update

In what was probably the toughest call of the weekend’s three rough scoring affairs, Jr. Welterweight Mike Dallas lost to Mauricio Herrera, aired on Friday Night Fights in the U.S. Ruminating on a fight he, and the crowd, felt he won, Dallas spoke to how bad decision make boxing not be fun.

[Click Here To Read More]

Glad to hear that Montiel was impressive in return.

I think Alexander just might have hit a ceiling - maybe he's not as good as we once thought, but he certainly can't be discredited because few boxers fight such stiff competition three times in a row. Say what you want about Kotelnik, but I say he is world class. Alexander has taken on top flight guys, all from vastly different styles and "schools of fighting". Aside from the Bradley fight, I wouldn't say he "failed", but a C might be too kind.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
      Glad to hear that Montiel was impressive in return.

I think Alexander just might have hit a ceiling - maybe he's not as good as we once thought, but he certainly can't be discredited because few boxers fight such stiff competition three times in a row. Say what you want about Kotelnik, but I say he is world class. Alexander has taken on top flight guys, all from vastly different styles and "schools of fighting". Aside from the Bradley fight, I wouldn't say he "failed", but a C might be too kind.
      I don't know if I'd say Montiel impressed (unless I did carelessly in the piece). But he looked like himself and that's good enough.

Fight never really got started.

Comment

Solid ratings as usual Cliff - glad to see you finally put Erdei in the top ten at 175 (though I still think you have him too low and Syllakh too high).

Only one point of correction for you though - Florante Condes got beat on June 24th by Wenheng Menayothin . . . at Strawweight. I hassled you last month about rating Condes at J. Fly - and indeed I was right (hehe) but then he went and got beat at 105 by Menayothin.

(Why is it that as I sound out any Thai fighters last name - I hear Ol' Dirty Bastard pronouncing it in my head?)

Comment

Originally posted by emhoffk View Post
          Solid ratings as usual Cliff - glad to see you finally put Erdei in the top ten at 175 (though I still think you have him too low and Syllakh too high).

Only one point of correction for you though - Florante Condes got beat on June 24th by Wenheng Menayothin . . . at Strawweight. I hassled you last month about rating Condes at J. Fly - and indeed I was right (hehe) but then he went and got beat at 105 by Menayothin.

(Why is it that as I sound out any Thai fighters last name - I hear Ol' Dirty Bastard pronouncing it in my head?)
          No clue why you hear that but it's funny.

I didn't notice he'd lost and I haven't done a scrub on the list that low in the last few updates so I wasn't even looking for it yet. I'll clean that up because Pong fights this weekend and so does Marquez so that will mean Fly and below looks.

Still disagree on Erdei. When he's back making serious fights again, he'll move up.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            I don't know if I'd say Montiel impressed (unless I did carelessly in the piece). But he looked like himself and that's good enough.

Fight never really got started.
            ahh ok i thought he blew him out early. didn't catch the part where you said he bowed out early. i should have read more carefully.

Comment

Working...
            X