No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arthur Abraham: Andre Ward Will Defeat Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
    Sometimes fighters say they are going to fight a certain way before a fight, but then it turns out they have a totally different gameplan once in the ring. Don't take what fighters say before fights seriously..
    Froch said he would do it prior to both the Kessler and the Johnson fights, and guess what, he did just that

Comment

Originally posted by OLD JUD View Post
      Of course Froch can't be counted out. He does have a decent dig, and there is no stamina problem with him either.

I've always been impressed by Kessler, but i can say i was shocked how easy Ward dominated the fight with him, lucky for Kessler Ward doesn't bang hard.

Now compare how Froch did against a jaded Kessler, did Kessler just have an off night against Ward? I don't think so.
      Ward will be very confident, having compared the way he coped with Kessler, and how Froch struggled with him.
      Comparing common opponents overlooks the fact that styles make fights, but it would be more accurate to use Kessler rather than Abraham. I think you would be hard-pressed to find many useful comparisons in the Abraham fight.

Comment

Originally posted by iJohn Locke View Post
        Actually you may be right there. Dirrell just ended the fight badly.
        I dont think that Andre Dirrell should be given too much credit at all for coming up with that masterful gameplan to box Abraham.

Comment

After seeing all posts favoring Ward for winning the final of supersix against Froch,I ask myself if there is another fighter in super-middle-weight divizion who can prevent Ward
          from reaching to the goal to become the fourt belts holder.Can be the,,Cindirella man'' in
          person of Bute capable of upseting ?Maybe.Maybe not.He will be the next to fight with the winner of supersix.

Comment

Bute just needs to fight a live body at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
              Comparing common opponents overlooks the fact that styles make fights, but it would be more accurate to use Kessler rather than Abraham. I think you would be hard-pressed to find many useful comparisons in the Abraham fight.
              I understand your point about common opponents, and Kessler is certainly closer in style to Froch than Abraham any day.
              Ward dealt comfortably with Kessler, who as we know can bang, and is a better all round boxer than Froch. So apart from a 'Punchers Chance' i'm afraid Froch as nothing else to offer in this fight.

Comment

Working...
              X