Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exposing hypocrisy: Which is worst, a confession to cheating or an assumption/attempt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
    My point. So why is Tony's potential fight with Pac or any top guy getting ****ted on while Shane mega fight is considered the greatest thing since slice bread. Neither took full responsibility, and it can even be argued Shane's hand was forced due to the Balco **** hitting the fan and them having actually records and proof against him.

One Shane is taking the drug test to prove he is clean and he has not got caught up since. That **** was a long time ago now so people just forgive him since he admitted his wrong doing which is much more than I can say about Margarito since he is not even trying to get reinstated in California the jurisdiction that pulled his licence and was goign to try and backdoor it by fighting in Texas.

Shane also got lucky with how he is trated and it is tough to say how it effected him overall but he certainly did not attain as much star power someone of his stature should have how much is to do with that part of his past.

Margarito has done nothing to ask for forgiveness so why should I forgive him?

Comment

Both are bad.

Let A = attempting to cheat
      B = confession of cheating

Assuming the crime is the same. Both are intentional . B already received the benefit of the crime. So objectively, B is worse than A.

But public is more forgiving of a contrite man than one who is uncleared. I know I do. Sometimes, the questions are more powerful than the answers. Curiosity is at its peak here. So subjectively, A is worse than B.

If you are talking about Shane-Marg here, IMO, Shane is worse than Marg. That is because of Shane's reason that he took it unknowingly. Hauser and Rosenthal details it more thoroughly and objectively on why Shane appears that he knows what he took.

“Consider these questions,” Rosenthal continued. “Why did Mosley have the supposedly legal substances he purchased from BALCO shipped to him instead of taking them back with him on the plane? Why would he taper off his use of the substances as mandatory drug tests got closer? What would Conte stand to gain by misleading Mosley? Why did Mosley stop taking all the supplements, even the harmless vitamins, after the fight? It adds up to a problem with Mosley’s credibility.”

Base on this "supposedly contrite" man's actions, I consider Shane's action worse than Marg.

Comment

Shane Mosley- "I had no idea what I was taking or what they were giving me

Margarito - " I had no ide what they put in my gloves"

Same **** but fighter A next big fight is hyped up like crazy, while fighter B's next fight is label a disgrace/black eye to the sport of boxing.
        That's what I don't get. Ignorance applies to one fighter but to the other not. It could be Nationality, race, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          That's what I don't get. Ignorance applies to one fighter but to the other not. It could be Nationality, race, etc.
          Im on record saying should be kept out the hall of fame for cheating. I also heard he passed a lie detector test that proved he honestly had no clue what he was taking.

Marg is still acting clueless and fighting crap fights in Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Im on record saying should be kept out the hall of fame for cheating. I also heard he passed a lie detector test that proved he honestly had no clue what he was taking.

What the fuck does the lie detector prove??? Who provided the test anyways??

How do we know he really acting?? Is it cause you want him to say WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR?? That **** applies to many fans.

Its like me being upset with you cause you won't confess you're gay. Are you really gay?? See what I mean?

Comment

Man my point exactly. Both said they didn't know...so that b.s. about shane confessing is out the window. Shane was caught up in the Balco controversy and if he said he didn't take it he would have to appear in federal court.

Also Shane said he didn't know what he was taking. If you don't believe Marg....then you defiantly shouldn't believe Shane because the only way to take EPO & HGH is through injections. I can see someone slipping that in a boxers wraps and a fighter not knowing.....but there is no way in hell someone can Inject you with a needle without you not knowing.

Comment

your also on record as saying

"I'm hyped over Floyd vs Mosley" and "Margarito is a disgrace to boxing".

My bad burner, I actually like you as a poster, but you gotta admit the hypocracy in both of your statements.
                Last edited by Khalid X; 04-11-2010, 11:43 PM.

Comment

What the fuck does the lie detector prove??? Who provided the test anyways??

How do we know he really acting?? Is it cause you want him to say WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR?? That **** applies to many fans.

Its like me being upset with you cause you won't confess you're gay. Are you really gay?? See what I mean?
                  Marg and Shane both cheated. Whats so hard for you to understand about that.

Shane has had actually proven that eh had no idea he knew what he took. Marg s saying he couldnt feel the difference in his wraps.

Comment

Marg and Shane both cheated. Whats so hard for you to understand about that.

Shane has had actually proven that eh had no idea he knew what he took. Marg s saying he couldnt feel the difference in his wraps.
                    And if Margs takes a lie detector test and passes it? What the hell does that prove? Not a damn thing!! At least to me.

Comment

your also on record as saying

"I'm hyped over Shane vs Mosley" and "Margarito is a disgrace to boxing".

My bad burner, I actually like you as a poster, but you gotta admit the hypocracy in both of your statements.
                      How am I hyped over Shane Mosley? Im not even a Mosley fan.

You mean HYPED over the Mosley vs. Mayweather fight?

Yes I am.

Atleast Shane is proving hes not doping now and has submited himself to be tested. And has passed a lie detector test saying he has no clue what he was taking.

Marg is still in denial and actually could have ruined fighters careers. Big difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X