No announcement yet.

Wanderlei Silva retires!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanderlei Silva retires!

How is their not a thread yet? He's pissed at the UFC because they under pay fighters and bash them in the media like Barao who passed out during weight cuts.

Maybe long overdue but one of the greatest pioneers of the sport and a straight up OG Warrior! One of the most action packed fighters ever! Gonna miss this man!

Sad day for MMA!

the most obvious example of a juice head. we can never know how 'great' he really was.

Comment

The middleweight GOAT in my opinion.

PS, everyone is on juice Kennedy

Comment

This video is emotional.

Comment

Now he doesn't have to have the meeting with the NSAC that would have put the final nail in the coffin for his reputation.

Comment

Disgusting.. and i saw Rampage pay his respects to Wand..

He was stood outside by his massive pool.. in a lovely Garden.. with his name engraved in the slabs by the pool.. Dat UFC money is so bad man..

Wand ****ed around the last year.. didn't even sign to fight Chael (that was his excuse for running).. and basically talked all kinds of trash about wanting the fight but his actions showed the complete opposite

I thought UFC actually treated him well.. and he lived of his Pride legend for quite sometime.. he could quite easily have been released given his record.

Comment

He's one of the only fighters that actually should have been nicknamed, "pitbull". Other guys with that nick name don't actually fight like pitbulls. Wanderlei did.

Comment

I started following MMA as a hardcore fan back in 2010, when I saw the PRIDE documentary which contained a portion on Wanderlei destroying Sakuraba. I hated the guy, I'm also a Rampage fan, he destroyed Rampage twice. Hated him, but the more I learnt about the sport, the more I came to really appreciate him.

He was NEVER the same after that Mark Hunt split decision loss in PRIDE. One of the ATG's in MMA. Oh and he has been on roids for a long ass time, look at him in PRIDE, he was probably on a few things then and on higher doses. He looked the best he had in a few years versus Brian Stann, Stann himself was alarmed at Wanderleis condition before their fight when he saw him in Japan.

It was because of fighter's like Wanderlei that MMA is where it is at today. Do you think MMA would be where it's at, if it wasn't for the likes of Shogun, Rampage, Wanderlei, Chuck, Tito, Fedor, Cro Cop, Nog (and so on)? The modern day fighter's need to take pages out of these guys careers in and out of the ring. They were entertaining in and out. Fedor was a savage in the ring, outside of the ring he was very much beloved by many and still is. He had his own character, not any cookie cutter **** like we have today.

Wanderlei, you have had a great career. It's good you left with a finish in Japan, it should have been over there and then.

Comment

Wanderlei and Fedor are what got me into MMA back in the day so it is very sad to see his career end like this. Especially that he is choosing to take the low road and just blame everyone for his own mistakes.

Also talking about how he use to fight bareknuckle back in the day yet complaining about Barao having to fight 3 times in 6 months lol. He must also remember that back in those days a lot of fighters use to fight every 2 weeks. Some had 20-30 fights a year. So fighting 3 times in 6 months isn't that bad if a fighter is smart with his training.

Its too bad that it had to end like this but I will always remember PRIDE Wanderlei who was a feared monster.
                  Last edited by -Swizzy-; 09-24-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Fuuuuck the UFC! They had everything to do with the commission banning Wandy FOR LIFE yet they let Chael slide?

They know Wandy is exposing them and want to make it all about PED's and the test so they can try to discredit Wandy even though EVERY fighter knows Wandy is speaking the truth.

Comment

Working...
                    X