Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Greenburg want his HBO stars to fight people from smaller weight divisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Andre Berto is fighting still another light welterweight, Victor Ortiz.

After Forbes, Urango, etc.

Greenburg had Broner fight Ponce de Leon, Martinez fight Dzinziruk, etc.

I see a pattern here. Is this what the fans want? Why not Berto vs. Clottey? Why not Berto for once to fight a super welterweight?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
      Now Andre Berto is fighting still another light welterweight, Victor Ortiz.

After Forbes, Urango, etc.

Greenburg had Broner fight Ponce de Leon, Martinez fight Dzinziruk, etc.

I see a pattern here. Is this what the fans want? Why not Berto vs. Clottey? Why not Berto for once to fight a super welterweight?
      This isn't a bad fight for Berto, he and Ortiz are roughly the same size and this maybe the most dangerous opponent he has faced thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        This isn't a bad fight for Berto, he and Ortiz are roughly the same size and this maybe the most dangerous opponent he has faced thus far.
        But why does Berto NEVER fight a super welterweight?

The difference in weight divisions does give Berto an edge. Boxers are a tad slower when they move up to a bigger weight than they're used to.

That's why Greenburg had Hatton move up to fight Collazo, he wanted Ricky to lose.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with him fighting Victor Ortiz. I mean hes just as big if not bigger than Berto. I believe he also said he is staying at Welterweight.

Comment

That's why Greenburg had Hatton move up to fight Collazo, he wanted Ricky to lose.
            Absolute nonsense. Please explain why Greenburg would want Hatton, one of the best earners HBO has had on its network over the previous few years, to lose to somebody like Collazo, who was essentially just an opponent (albeit one with a strap) in that fight. By the time Hatton fought Collazo, HBO already had plans for a showdown with Mayweather Jr... and you think they wanted him to lose, throwing that big money fight away? Suuuure they did.

Comment

But why does Berto NEVER fight a super welterweight?

The difference in weight divisions does give Berto an edge. Boxers are a tad slower when they move up to a bigger weight than they're used to.

Maybe because Berto's promoter and HBO know he is not very good so they don't want to ruin his hype even though no one is really that interested in him anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X