Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August 1st and Mayweather still hasn't made an official announcement.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If their only intention is to hold that date hostage...what can one say?

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
      If their only intention is to hold that date hostage...what can one say?
      He's not holding it hostage fat Dan already said cotto canelo is in November. It's too late for anyone other than Floyd to make an announcement for that date

Comment

That is strange. It does look like he is taking a safe easy fight with Berto but maybe not. Nobody but Mayweather knows what he is going to do next.

Comment

Thurman and his camp have been quiet. The same as Porter. Brook not fighting Rios anymore. Khan, not making as much noise as usual.

I really don't think it's Berto.His name has been thrown around for about a month now and no official announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

Evidently MGM was emailing this out

Comment

I can't believe he's fighting Andre Berto of all available fighters

He's ending his career on a prime cherrypick example just like he has done majority of his career

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Ideas but obv. no answers.

Might just be Haymon keeping Canelo-Cotto off the Sept. 12th date and he's not fighting, or he might just be too embarrassed to name Berto and are waiting for the right moment to where it won't seem so horrible, alternatively he's fighting someone else.
                Keeping Cotto/Canelo off the Sept 12th date? Use your brain, man. You think a Mexico/PR fight of that magnitude would only use 5 weeks of promotion?

I don't know why you morons don't realize that he doesn't make the fights official until the last minute...bc he can. To the basest of posters on here, here's how it works:
                Fact: Mayweather is aware that every fighter wants to fight him
                Fact: His boxing skills are best in show, but he's certainly not feared by anyone bc he's not a big puncher
                Conclusion: Any fighter will take whatever they can get to get that big payday. Even if it means waiting until the last month. In the meantime, they're stressed out in training wondering if the fight is really going to happen. Mayweather has the edge in every possible way.
                He'll fight Berto and sell it as his farewell fight. It will sell 750,000 PPV. TMT & nuthugger will claim 1.2 Million.
                He'll retire until realizing he doesn't have any marketable talents outside of boxing. At which point, he'll come back and rematch Pac & Cotto before he turns 40, and then he'll retire for the third and final time.

This isn't rocket surgery, fellas
                Last edited by nveleven; 08-01-2015, 12:46 PM.

Comment

It's fine with me that he hasn't announced it yet because I don't give a **** about him or who he's fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                    It's fine with me that he hasn't announced it yet because I don't give a **** about him or who he's fighting.
                    Yet you clicked on the thread deducted to who May weather is fighting and cared enough to comment.

If you truly didn't care then you wouldn't spend any of your time reading what people are saying about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                      If you say it enough, we'll believe you eventually.

Comment

Working...
                      X