Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have trouble falling asleep?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But seriously guys, google "l tryptophan" and get a hold of some. It's perfectly legal and natural stuff available online and in some stores.

Comment

i count aliens and then i drift off to an abduction

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        But seriously guys, google "l tryptophan" and get a hold of some.
        I never had trouble falling asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          But seriously guys, google "l tryptophan" and get a hold of some. It's perfectly legal and natural stuff available online and in some stores.
          You've mentioned this numerous times yet reviews are very mixed.

Comment

shit!

I'm about to add another year to my 3 decade's and the older I get the harder it is for me to stay awake

Comment

Set an alarm that goes off everyday... at the exact same time and get up no matter how tired you are.

Comment

Originally posted by BootyDew View Post
                Set an alarm that goes off everyday... at the exact same time and get up no matter how tired you are.
                This doesn't work if you have legitimate insomnia.

I've honestly worked 3 days without sleeping a single seconds sleep in a very physically demanding job in construction (many times). Insomnia is ridiculous.

I rarely sleep over 4 hours a night and Its actually made me a lot stronger mentally but has took a toll physically.
                Last edited by C U NextTuesday; 08-26-2014, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Do you sleep at all, TS? As long as you are not completely awake for extended periods of time- say 24-48 hours, for example,- I'd say you are not doing too bad. That said, it seems like your sleep schedule is jacked up a bit. This can be due to many things.

What helps me is a clean lifestyle. By clean I mean: a clean diet, no smokes/****, no stimulants (like caffeine), and limiting booze. This has helped. I also go to therapy and workout regularly. Going to sleep at a set time, like 10pm and waking at 6am, helps as well. Some of this may not apply to you, but just an FYI.

I haven't slept well in the past 48 hours, TBH, but that is due to some acute stress that I am dealing with right now.

Insomnia is no joke, if indeed that is what you have.

Comment

........zma.

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
                      what do you do for a living?
                      Construction, and that's the thing. Today I had an extra long, very tiring day. Before this year I would have fell asleep very quickly but my heart keeps pounding and I keep stressing out about personal problems. This was not a problem in the past, I don't know why this started this year.

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
                      Do you sleep at all, TS? As long as you are not completely awake for extended periods of time- say 24-48 hours, for example,- I'd say you are not doing too bad. That said, it seems like your sleep schedule is jacked up a bit. This can be due to many things.

What helps me is a clean lifestyle. By clean I mean: a clean diet, no smokes/****, no stimulants (like caffeine), and limiting booze. This has helped. I also go to therapy and workout regularly. Going to sleep at a set time, like 10pm and waking at 6am, helps as well. Some of this may not apply to you, but just an FYI.

I haven't slept well in the past 48 hours, TBH, but that is due to some acute stress that I am dealing with right now.

Insomnia is no joke, if indeed that is what you have.

Thanks. Yeah I've actually been sleeping pretty well the past few weeks, only a few days when I was stressed out did I have this problem. It's a very big problem if you're tired and didn't sleep much the day before and you're awake all night and finally fall asleep 2 hours before the alarm goes off. That day will be wrecked.

Never tried sleeping pills before. I might try it if Doc recommends them.

Comment

Working...
                      X