Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did Nonito blow his chance at being all-time great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
    Donaire isnīt that good, all he had was a flashy style and power that worked well against the tiny men. Salido stops him.
    I'd rather him fight Salido than Juan.

Comment

everyone has a different definition of all time great some consider a ton of fighters atg every hall of fame career and some only consider a few. i for one think the words all time great are thrown around fare to easy. it just depends what you consider an all time great.

Comment

Originally posted by Capncrunch View Post
        I'd rather him fight Salido than Juan.
        Juanma as shot as he is still has some chances of destroying Donaire.

Comment

He still has a chance, just because he lost to Rigo doesn't mean he can't bounce back and win a rematch or a belt at another weight. I think Donaire spooked himself in the Rigo fight or something because if he was more aggressive I think he could have finished Rigo (not taking anything way from Rigo, his performance was pretty solid but Donaire played right into Rigo's game)

Comment

He can still become one, but I don't see where he's going to get any big wins at 126-130.....

He can't fight Mikey Garcia, who is clearly the best fighter around those weights right now. I mean he can fight Lopez, Salido, R. Martinez, Magadaleno. If he ends up winning titles at 126 and 130, I think people will call him an ATG, he will have been a 5 weight champion, not 6, interim titles don't count.

But he doesn't have any major major huge fights that could add big time to his legacy at those weights. He can't fight Mares or Russell (if Russell turns out to be what we think he is), and he can't fight Mikey. Those are the three best fights around that weight now and potentially in the future.

And Gamboa is moving up to 135, a weight Donaire will probably never be at. Plus Donaire is 30 already, how much longer does he have of his prime??? 2-3, maybe 4 years???

Comment

I dont think Nonito will ever be an ATG. Rigo showed if you can box you can embarass him and for me ATG dont get embarrased like this

But time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                I dont think Nonito will ever be an ATG. Rigo showed if you can box you can embarass him and for me ATG dont get embarrased like this

But time will tell
                Duran got embarrassed by Leonard. JS.

Comment

Originally posted by King_Rome View Post
                  Duran got embarrassed by Leonard. JS.
                  Ive seen that fight and i dont think it was this bad but like i wrote time will tell.

Comment

It is hard to say "this is one of the greatest fighters ever" about a guy you see get that horribly outclassed in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post

But time will tell
                      I agree, very good fighter who was highly ranked but he was never the stuff ATG's are made out of. Rigo is a special fighter and it's no shame to get outboxed by him, but I feel like Donaire isn't going to do well at the higher weights against guys his own size.

Comment

Working...
                      X