Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Pacquiao Will Take The Tests, Not With USADA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are the best in the business stoo looking for a way out arum floyd is the biggest draw and he hasnt fought in like a year plus make the fight

Comment

If I was Mayweather I'd call his bluff and accept. Watch they come up with another excuse...

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
        USADA has no jurisdiction over professional boxing. The US Congress has only given them authority over the Olympics, Paralympics, and Pan American Games. Plus...
        Mayweather changed his stance Saturday, moving off the hard line he had taken on using USADA as the testing agency.

"We are OK to move off USADA," Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who is representing Mayweather, told ESPN.com. "What we're saying, and what is important to us, is four things -- that the tests be random, that they include blood and urine and the time frame, meaning when do you stop the tests before the fight but know they will still be effective. Three of them we have agreed on -- random, blood and urine. So now it is a matter of the two sides working out the specifics of the cutoff date to assure it will still be effective."

Schaefer said those talks are taking place between Bruce Binkow, a high-level Golden Boy executive, and Todd duBoef, the president of Top Rank, Pacquiao's promoter.

"Todd and Bruce are trying to work out the specifics of the cutoff to assure the tests are still effective because we know that 30 days before is not effective," Schaefer said. "At 30 days, we might as well not even do it. We want to figure it out [the cutoff window] and I will give my recommendation to Team Mayweather, and they will be on board. USADA is the most recognized one, but if it's another one, like the Nevada commission, we don't really care. I don't care who performs the tests as long as they are performed. That's our position. If this fight doesn't happen it's not because of Team Mayweather."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4772853

So unless Floyd/GBP move the goal posts inexplicably again... what's the problem?

They got the random, unlimited testing that's supposedly prevented Floyd from fighting Pacquiao (). So let the commission, aka the organization that has authority over the match, conduct the testing with WADA overseeing them. Problem solved.

/Thread.
        Mayweather approved of this idea 2-years ago and even offered 14-days. Why didn't Arum say this back then?

Comment

this is fucking stupid

Comment

Originally posted by *El Prieto* View Post
            If I was Mayweather I'd call his bluff and accept. Watch they come up with another excuse...

Or he'll just go on vacation again and use trials, taxes, 60 days since his last fight as an excuse.

Judging by History which do you think is more likely to happen?

Mayweather approved of this idea 2-years ago and even offered 14-days. Why didn't Arum say this back then?
            Write Arum and ask him.

But why would it be a problem now? That's the question you should be asking yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post

Or he'll just go on vacation again and use trials, taxes, 60 days since his last fight as an excuse.

Judging by History which do you think is more likely to happen?

u keep postin the same stuff over n over. ur not funny.

Comment

Does bob Arum have to have his way??? There's a reason bob wants the wada I don't know what it is but its there. Manny has been fighting over here since 2001, he's a superstar and loved in the us. So how is the usada not nuetral? Is it because that's who Floyd wants to use??

Comment

Look at Arum trying to cash out on Pac.

Comment

Brilliant move

Pacquiao trainer 'doesn't think' Floyd fight will happen
                    ESPN staff
                    July 9, 2011 « Cole's Stoke move hits a snag | Hercog claims maiden title in Bastad »
                    Manny Pacquiao's next fight will be against Juan Manuel Marquez in November

Manny Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach remains pessimistic on the chances of his charge fighting Floyd Mayweather Jnr, despite the positive noises emanating from both camps over the past couple of weeks.

At a press conference to promote his September clash with Victor Ortiz, Mayweather confirmed he was "absolutely" interested in fighting Pacquiao for the title of the planet's pound-for-pound king.

Then, more importantly, Pacquiao's trainer Bob Arum revealed the Filipino was willing to meet Mayweather's demand for random drug-testing up until fight night, prompting speculation the bout could go ahead next year.

But Roach thinks that another of his pupils, WBA light-welterweight champion Amir Khan, has more of a chance of facing off against Mayweather.

"I don't think Mayweather will ever fight Manny Pacquiao," said Roach to mlive.com. "They have a better chance of getting Mayweather into the ring than Manny. If the fight was going to happen, it would've happened already."

The situation is complicated by the ongoing legal proceedings between Mayweather and Pacquiao, who has launched a defamation lawsuit against his American rival.

Confuse and Conquer. Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      u keep postin the same stuff over n over. ur not funny.
                      Wasn't trying to be.

Just pointing some things out that people seem to 'misremember' from time to time.

Random testing was the ONLY thing holding up the fight and Floyd/GBP were willing to use another agency/governing body... ONLY thing that matters is that random blood/urine tests are conducted... so there's no more issues right?

Comment

Working...
                      X