No announcement yet.

Ray Leonard Or Roberto Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Leonard Or Roberto Duran?

Who should be remembered as the greater fighter?
    Roberto Duran
    56.76%
    Ray Leonard
    43.24%

I picked Duran.

Ray Leonard is my favorite fighter of the two and certainly bested Duran in their three fight series (although Duran was post prime at any weight after lightweight).

Duran takes this one on sheer legacy and longevity!

Comment

Leonard should be remembered as the greater fighter.

Not only did he beat the better fighters, but he beat Duran twice. He also beat all of the other fabulous four fighters, something which Duran didn't do.

People will always give the excuse that Duran was a natural lightweight, though, despite him winning titles in the divisions he fought those fighters in.

Leonard was the lineal champion in three weight classes, while Duran was in two. If you're going by ABC titles, I would say it's relatively even. Duran won titles in four divisions and Leonard claims titles in five. But to be fair, Leonard won two separate division titles while fighting in one weight class.

Comment

#1 Lightweight of all-time > #4 Welter of all-time.

Poet

Comment

Duran was greater. Duran was lightweight champion for 7 years. Leonard was welterweight champion (combining both his reigns) for only 2 years. Also Duran managed to beat Leonard in the first fight even though he was probably already past prime.

Comment

Remember,Duran skipped Jr Welterweight or he would have won titles in 5 different weight classes.

And it was Duran who went up 12lbs to beat SRL.Do you really believe that SRL could go up 12 lbs and beat Roberto Duran at his natural weight?

And Duran was more past his prime than SRL when he went up in weight classes to win his titles.

You can't go head to head because Duran was alot more past his prime in the 3rd fight than Leonard was.

Plus Duran was the greatest light weight of all-time!

Comment

Its duran by a good margin for me, also when they were both at there best duran beat him!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
                Its duran by a good margin for me, also when they were both at there best duran beat him!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheDreamer View Post

Classic!

This is what happens when you deal with a bully.Duran,like most other bullies had no heart.

The Sugar man fought his fight and completely embarrassed the technically inferior,hopeless brawler.

Duran also quit in the second half of his fight with Kirkland Laing.

Comment

Roberto Duran leads SRL in the voting 13-6,more than double the votes of SRL!

Comment

Working...
                    X