Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He doesn't even need a good chin he's too good at moving with shots in the minimal instances he does get tagged. As for the question though, yes he does have a good chin and excellent heart and recuperative abilites to boot.

Comment

• Originally posted by FloydisMoney View Post
      Exactly. And only a ******* would disagree. This fight only proves further that Floyd will absolutely DESTROY Manny Pacquiao if Manny ever decides to take the tests. Floyd even called him out. He just said Manny has to take thet tests.

Which is a completely fair demand, IMO. Mosley, Oritz, and Cotto all had no problems with it. Yet Manny does?

Fack off.

Arum knows Manny will lose to Floyd. And furthermore, we might see a VERY different looking Manny Pacquiao in the event of OST.

Sorry *******s. I know the truth hurts.
      This is what happens when Broner gets broadband

Comment

• One thing Pedro Diaz hasn't fixed about Cotto

And that's the way he fades in late/championship rounds. To tell you the truth I had Cotto winning 5-4 up till the 10th round. Once the 10th came around he became more vulnerable and more passive. It seems like he suffers from Juanma syndrome, they fade in late rounds. It happened vs Margarito 1 (plasters or not), I had the feeling it was happening in Margarito 2, it happened vs Pacquiao and last night vs Mayweather. I think if Cotto didn't have this problem he would've beat Mayweather, in my scorecards at least. Now whether you had him winning or not you can't say he doesn't seem to fade late rounds.

Im not trying to talk **** about Cotto or knock on his game, Im just pointing out an issue that I see in him. It was a great fight by Cotto and a good performance. I truly was one of those guys who thought he was done after the first Margarito (even tho I bet on him for last night) but he proved me wrong. I had a feeling Diaz rejuvenated him from all the interviews and videos I watched and it seems like he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by zero188 View Post
          Did you read the post?
          quoted wrong post...
          my bad
          thanks for noticing...

Comment

• You had Cotto winning 5 rounds at the end of round 9?

Comment

• Originally posted by FloydisMoney View Post
              Floyd won that fight clearly. I don't know why this is even up for debate. I remember thinking the same thing about Manny/JMM 3. (And that fight was A LOT closer than this one.) I watched Manny/JMM 3 and thought Manny clearly won either 8-4 or 7-5. He won CLEARLY. And I am the furthest thing from Pacquiao supporter, but that being said, the man won.

People need to give Floyd his props. He absolutely whipped Cotto on the inside. He could have easily boxed from the outside and boxed a shutout, but he gave the fans some action. And he's still getting ripped for it.

In the hater's eyes, this man can do NOTHING right.

It was an exceptional performance from both men, so let's just leave it at that.
              the bottom line is he did not dominate the fight. the score cards said he did. that's my issue with this and other fights. boxing will not allow an upset. the underdog has to do twice as much to win. the odds or upcoming fights should not effect the scoring and they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Main Source View Post
                I don't know how much Cotto rehydrated but I would say he was 160-162lbs on fight night. Floyd was around 148-150.

I was quite impressed with Floyd's power and how he rocked the stronger and much heavier Cotto when he sat down on his punches. He basically beat Cotto with the right hand.

10oz Grant pillows and still smacked Cotto around and busted him up. Especially in the 12th. Too bad he didn't go for the kill when he buckled Cotto badly.

Great win for Mayweather and a solid effort from a game and re-invented Cotto.
                so mayweather lost weight from the weigh in til fight night?

Comment

• NSB... where throwing punches at someones arms and shoulder constitutes winning a fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                    so mayweather lost weight from the weigh in til fight night?
                    Lots of fighters do it when moving up to hide the disparity in weight. Ray Leonard weighed into the Hagler fight with gold chains. Mayweather probably just hydrated heavily before the weigh in to increase his apparent weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnDeniable View Post
                      NSB... where throwing punches at someones arms and shoulder constitutes winning a fight
                      On that note, Cotto blocked most of Floyd's punches as well so how come the official judges gave him like every round? Reality...where Floyd wins every round whether he lands on the opponent or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X