Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley -v- Khan: Where Should It Take Place?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
    Khan, Will beat Bradley very easily in my opinion, But its strange that despite being an American, Bradley has never fought in Las Vegas or at a venue like Madison Square, Khan has already headlined in both places.

I dont think that Bradley-Khan will be in the UK because HBO will want the fight to be in the US, So Where would you like to see a potential fight between them?
    O2 arena,full house guaranteed.
    Khan will never be able to beat Bradley,not in the next 10 yrs that wont happen.Bradley's tough and more intelligent than Maidana.Khan doesnt know how to block uppercuts and Bradley will get him early.After 3 rounds all Khan will be doing is running but Bradley knows how to close the distance.

Comment

Bring it to the UK and it will be a sell-out. America doesn't deserve an unification fight of this magnitude. Both fighters will probably make more money in the UK. 20,000-30,000 tickets will be sold and add the SKY PPV's and HBO's delayed broadcast fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
        O2 arena,full house guaranteed.
        Khan will never be able to beat Bradley,not in the next 10 yrs that wont happen.Bradley's tough and more intelligent than Maidana.Khan doesnt know how to block uppercuts and Bradley will get him early.After 3 rounds all Khan will be doing is running but Bradley knows how to close the distance.
        He wont be running he knows Bradley is not a big puncher so wont be worried about it.

Comment

It will make the most money in the UK, I believe it can be a good draw in the US, but it would have to be a california location, I thnk in Cali they could probably get 10k, as bradley lives in palm springs and khan is based in LA. Maybe the staples centre? Convert it to 15k seating...might work. It will make the most revenue though in the UK, khan is the only draw in the divsion.

In terms of the fight, I don't buy this whole bradley is too tough for khan and will walk him down, we have been down this road before haven't we? Yes Bradley is a step up in class, and he is supremely fit and solid fighter, but khan holds the physical advantages, alexander did not throw nearly enough punches for him to win, and he is just not that accurate. I feel khan sometimes gets painted with the same brush as floyd, that he isn't that tough a guy, and he doesn't punch very hard, but they are both tough as hell, and when you are in there with them you realise that they punch harder than you thought they did, now khan is not in floyds league, but the principal applies and I think he has enough of everything to overcome bradley.

Khan is noticably improving every fight he didn't really show it enough in the maidana fight because he got stuck in a war at times, but I think people forget that he did a pretty good job in the first 9 rounds and was using the right moves to stay away from the right hand. With another fight and 2 training camps he will be ready for Timmy.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            (Bradley has no drawing power yet, so it doesn't matter where he fights.)

There's no chance of this fight happening in England, sorry to all my British friends. Amir is fighting in the UK next to give you guys a fight back home, but he will definitely return to America for the Bradley bout. HBO calls the shots when it comes to fights of this size, and don't forget that Amirs goal is to try to build himself into PPV material in America. That means figthing big fights here often.

If I had to guess, I'd say the fight's going to the MGM Grand in Vegas.
            Far more diplomatic than you're American counterpart in this thread, and someone worth conversing with

There is no doubt in terms of publicity and money making on the ppv basis America is where it's at. If I were a pro I'd certainly what a lot of my fights to be in Vegas.

But what you are almost certainly going to get in the UK is big crowds... sometimes against the fans better judgement, which speaks volumes for the loyalty the fans show. But Khan bases himself in the states to work with Roach, Bradley is American there is almost no doubt in my mind it will be in the US. Although the MEN Arena, Manchester is my shout for obvious reasons

Comment

Bradley said he is willing to go to the UK, and i trhnik skys PPV money would probably work out more than HBOs non ppv money. add the large attendence and i think it makes more money in the UK. It can be held at 1am or something like that local time if HBO doesnt want to do a delayed braodcast.

I cant see HBO putting Bradley on ppv after the alexander fight.

Id def go to england if it was held there to watch this.

Comment

Originally posted by ding-ding View Post
                Far more diplomatic than you're American counterpart in this thread, and someone worth conversing with

There is no doubt in terms of publicity and money making on the ppv basis America is where it's at. If I were a pro I'd certainly what a lot of my fights to be in Vegas.

But what you are almost certainly going to get in the UK is big crowds... sometimes against the fans better judgement, which speaks volumes for the loyalty the fans show. But Khan bases himself in the states to work with Roach, Bradley is American there is almost no doubt in my mind it will be in the US. Although the MEN Arena, Manchester is my shout for obvious reasons
                Oh yeah man, Amir knows the money from the huge crowds in the UK is nothing to scoff at, which is why he's squeezing in a tuneup in England for April against a lesser opponent. I would have wished he'd taken on Prescott and knocked him out back home in England, but after facing Maidana and looking to face Bradley this summer I can't complain if he wants an easy fight when he goes back home.

Amir doesn't want to be David Haye or Wladimir Klitschko, he wants to be Manny Pacquiao. He wants to be a draw everywhere in the world, not just his home country, so like Pacquiao he's going to have to fight in America a lot and build his name on an international level.

HBO has made the 140lb division their main interest since Pacquiao cleared out 147, and there's no way they'd let Sky outbid them on Khan/Bradley after putting so much money into both those guys the past couple years building them up.

Of course, it sucks for the British fans that support him because they have to stay up until 2am see him take on the big name fighters on TV instead of live in England, but Amir's got to do what he's got to do to get to the top.
                Last edited by paulf; 02-01-2011, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  Oh yeah man, Amir knows the money from the huge crowds in the UK is nothing to scoff at, which is why he's squeezing in a tuneup in England for April against a lesser opponent. I would have wished he'd taken on Prescott and knocked him out back home in England, but after facing Maidana and looking to face Bradley this summer I can't complain if he wants an easy fight when he goes back home.

Amir doesn't want to be David Haye or Wladimir Klitschko, he wants to be Manny Pacquiao. He wants to be a draw everywhere in the world, not just his home country, so like Pacquiao he's going to have to fight in America a lot and build his name on an international level.

HBO has made the 140lb division their main interest since Pacquiao cleared out 147, and there's no way they'd let Sky outbid them on Khan/Bradley after putting so much money into both those guys the past couple years building them up.

Of course, it sucks for the British fans that support him because they have to stay up until 2am see him take on the big name fighters on TV instead of live in England, but Amir's got to do what he's got to do to get to the top.
                  How about 5am if it is in Las vegas

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
                    Let me see, Where would Khan rather fight MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Or MEN Manchester, LOL! A fight of this magnitude should be in the US, Having this fight in the UK is like having Ali - Foreman in Manchester, It will never get the exposure the fight deserves if it is in the UK.

Simply put there is much more class in fighting in the US than in the UK, Thats why every British fighter who makes it big deserts the Uk and goes to the US.

what a thick ****

Comment

Who cares? I wouldnt mind seeing Amir destroy Bradley in his hometown

Comment

Working...
                      X