Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant on Mayweather's Influence, Role in PPV Duds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merchant is accurate. He's not putting down Mayweather, he's merely stating that his fights are defensive and boring. Doesn't mean Floyd isn't great, it means people want to see an exciting fight, not a defensive sparring session.

Comment

Larry is an old bitter alcoholic **** who is still crying about his little boyfriend Manny being flattened by Marquez and made to look like he'd never laced up a pair of gloves against Floyd.

Comment

"Never going to reach the plateau of a De la Hoya." - Old drunk/bitter Larry Merchant

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          "Never going to reach the plateau of a De la Hoya." - Old drunk/bitter Larry Merchant
          Looooool. He must feel foolish about that.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
            95% of froids fans are negroes who hate whites
            What most fans on this site hates is stupid ignorant post like this. If you have nothing boxing related to say just disappear. Save your vile post for another site.

Comment

Floyd cannot win with the press. They said he would never fight canelo he did and dominated him while doing the unthinkable, staying in the pocket and evading canelo's punches. They said he was afraid of hatton and he dismantled him. Shane and oscar ignored floyds call for a fight for years saying the risk, too great vs too little reward. When they finally fought and lost to floyd, floyd fought them when they were too old. And remember shane ducked floyd on hbo saying he has a tooth ache. Lol. And they said he was scared of pac and would never fight him, pac got beat. They said floyd only fought pac when he was too old. Never mind that pac could have faced floyd wayyyy back in 09 but refused to take ost. If he had fought khan they would have said he was old and washed up. If he had faced ggg and won they would have said he was inexperienced and floyd took advantage of that. No matter who he faced they would discredit his victory. And thats just sad.

Comment

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
                Merchant is accurate. He's not putting down Mayweather, he's merely stating that his fights are defensive and boring. Doesn't mean Floyd isn't great, it means people want to see an exciting fight, not a defensive sparring session.
                And yet floyd has multiple fights in the top ten highest grossing ppvs. No one was forced to buy floyds fight they did so of free will. And why should floyd dumb down his talent because other fighters are forced to be brawlers because thats all they can do? When I was in the ring I wished I had floyds defensive prowess as some dudes really hit hard lol. Too many fighters suffer from pugilistic dementia from taking far to many clean hits. And while they have to be fed and cannot wash themselves without help, the very peoplem clamoring for them to stand and take needless punishment don't need help to eat. And most fighters are soon forgotten by the people they tried to satisfy. It's really sad. Most fighters didn't make enough money to be independent and must work a regular job after boxing. So the ones with the mental illness and suffered from cronic concussions are unable to support themselves. So for me being a former boxer I am glad to see floyd retire wealthy and able to enjoy his children. I wish all fighters could retire well off with no limitations. Non fighters like merchant really kill me. I bet if he got hit with a light jab he would retire in that round.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                  He fought every guy at the end of their career and drained one and used steroids in the process
                  So you didn't really have **** to say to my comment, and just re-used a regular lie I see on this site. Got it.

Pacquiao could have agreed to testing and caught his fade 6 years ago when he didn't know how to box, and walked into right hands like a sucker. Kinda like he still does lol

Comment

Larry is a salty old dog...but he is right.

Boxing now is about 1) the '0' 2) 'health' 3) da numbers doe

Thanks Floyd you killed a sport off and got rich in the process.

If only you could actually read, you could be president...

Comment

Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
                      What most fans on this site hates is stupid ignorant post like this. If you have nothing boxing related to say just disappear. Save your vile post for another site.
                      you are right I was wrong it is 96% not 95% of negroes that are froid fans that hate whites. they even hate an old man like merchant who speaks the truth. one guy here called for merchant to die. and I don't need you analyzing my posts mind your own business it is apparent you hate the truth

Comment

Working...
                      X