No announcement yet.

canelos quick start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
    Can't argue with you if you are convinced Angulo was paid a large sum of $$$ to put on a masterful acting performance. Thank god Canelo also played his part and kept beating the shit out of him the whole fight while consistently moving his head and body to avoid those fake punches.

Yup. Canelo slowed down and Angulo had to make it look right, so he threw even more fake punches...while being a master of distance and timing to have the 4 hard ones miss.

I watched it a the movie theater and you could hear and see all the hard shots, I asked a couple people there what they thought. Nobody thought the stoppage was bad, it was a savage beating. I thought it should have been stopped after the last round.

Tony Jaa needs to get GBP to choreograph his next movie, it was masterful how they pulled that off tonight. Even made it look like Angulo was trying to win at times.

That's plausible.

But when the argument is a fixed fight with ZERO evidence it's really hard to take you serious.

Just great acting all around.

I take that back, Angulo is not a great actor now.

Not only was Angulo paid to fake a fight, now Tony Weeks gets paid off too.

The plot thickens.
    The fact you think it was good acting tells me all I need to know. The fight was suspicious from the get go. Winging shots from the opening bell tends to do that. It was NEVER a good acting job. In fact he was so terrible that Tony Weeks had to stop it in the most awkward way possible.

You don't even acknowledge the possibility that this fight was rigged despite boxing's long history of fixed fights. Nor do you even look at the bigger picture surrounding the fight. If Canelo looked bad or lost the fight, his marketability and fan base goes down the drain. As the anointed "future goldenboy" that's something GBP can't afford to happen. The fact is Angulo is dispensable, Alvarez is not. You add the weight controversy, Angulo's lackluster effort, and the incredibly strange stoppage which did not happen at a time when Angulo was hurt or defenseless and it just increases the probability of a rigged fight.

You can try to tunnel vision and ignore the circumstances, but in the end you come off as naive and narrow-minded. I'll repeat this for you again, I had no bias in this fight and if anything I was leaning slightly towards Canelo, but it seems to me and many other people who approached this fight with no bias that Angulo was paid off.

Comment

Alvarez hits hard. You could tell from the opening bell the shots were having an effect and stopping Angulo in his tracks. Also, Alvarez was landing some hurtful crunching body shots. Angulo just couldn't get going because Alvarez wasn't going to let him. Alvarez was landing most of his power punches and that's going to knock the stuffing out of anyone.

Win was legit man. Anglulo couldn't pull the trigger, but Alvarez was to good at the same time.

There is always a slight possibility there was a fix. In my opinion, Alvarez was just on a different level. Angulo absorbed some serious punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
        Canelo is not garbage, but that looked to me like the worst effort I've ever seen a fighter ever give in Angulo. It wasn't that he was confused or befuddled. He was just straight up winging punches.

It's naive as fck to think that this fight couldn't be thrown or rigged. Naive and ignorant of boxing's history.
        Ok Yoda, tell me why Angulo let himself get beat on for 10 rounds.

Why not just quit earlier?

OP is right. Canelo came out and hurt Alfredo and just didn't let up. Nearly everything Alvarez threw had KO on it. You didn't see that? Angulo never got started because every time he tried Canelo just put really hard shots on him and alot to the body (which I thought was key). Did you not see Angulo's right elbow pinned to his waist from like the first or second round because he didn't want to take more shots to the body. Look how weak he threw the right. He got the mustard taken off his punches early on.

And that was that.

Btw, how much did you lose?

Comment

The man arguably with the biggest balls in boxing (angulo) didn't give effort? really? do you honestly believe that ****?

canelo MADE HIM LOOK BAD.

End of story. Angulo said it was a really tough long camp and he gave it 100% and even began to cry after it was stopped. How can you say angulo "didnt try" or "threw the fight" or that it was "fixed.

You people honestly aren't the type of boxing fans that should go as far as having 1000 posts on some boxing website if you think this way.

If by this point you aren't passed the "clueless casual fan" phase then this really isn't the sport you should be following.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
            Ok Yoda, tell me why Angulo let himself get beat on for 10 rounds.

Why not just quit earlier?

OP is right. Canelo came out and hurt Alfredo and just didn't let up. Nearly everything Alvarez threw had KO on it. You didn't see that? Angulo never got started because every time he tried Canelo just put really hard shots on him and alot to the body (which I thought was key). Did you not see Angulo's right elbow pinned to his waist from like the first or second round because he didn't want to take more shots to the body. Look how weak he threw the right. He got the mustard taken off his punches early on.

And that was that.

Btw, how much did you lose?
            I didn't lose a damn thing. Why do people keep thinking I'm Angulo's #1 fan or that I have some kind of bias? This fight looked rigged from round 1 and on. Angulo looked like he was taking care NOT to hurt Canelo. That was obvious to even the most casual of observers. It was only people with a dog in this fight (pardon the pun) who thought this fight was legit and not out of the ordinary.

Angulo was trying his hardest to make Canelo look good without making it obvious, but he did a terrible job. His effort and determination looked half-assed from the opening bell. Canelo hits hard, but not hard enough to kill a guy's power 20 seconds into the fight. Keep trying to convince yourself that this was anything other than GBP protecting its most valuable asset.

Comment

I didn't lose a damn thing. Why do people keep thinking I'm Angulo's #1 fan or that I have some kind of bias? This fight looked rigged from round 1 and on. Angulo looked like he was taking care NOT to hurt Canelo. That was obvious to even the most casual of observers. It was only people with a dog in this fight (pardon the pun) who thought this fight was legit and not out of the ordinary.

Angulo was trying his hardest to make Canelo look good without making it obvious, but he did a terrible job. His effort and determination looked half-assed from the opening bell. Canelo hits hard, but not hard enough to kill a guy's power 20 seconds into the fight. Keep trying to convince yourself that this was anything other than GBP protecting its most valuable asset.
              Wall of text does not answer my question.

Why did Angulo eat hard shots that long? Why not take a dive after 6 rounds of getting punched? Or 7? Or 4?

Comment

The fact you think it was good acting tells me all I need to know. The fight was suspicious from the get go. Winging shots from the opening bell tends to do that. It was NEVER a good acting job. In fact he was so terrible that Tony Weeks had to stop it in the most awkward way possible.
                10 seconds into the fight Angulo was already buckled by the first left hook Canelo threw. His legs were already looking unsteady from the bombs.

The fact you and the other boxing fans calling fix have ZERO evidence and are making crap up as they go along is laughable.

You don't even acknowledge the possibility that this fight was rigged despite boxing's long history of fixed fights. Nor do you even look at the bigger picture surrounding the fight. If Canelo looked bad or lost the fight, his marketability and fan base goes down the drain. As the anointed "future goldenboy" that's something GBP can't afford to happen. The fact is Angulo is dispensable, Alvarez is not. You add the weight controversy, Angulo's lackluster effort, and the incredibly strange stoppage which did not happen at a time when Angulo was hurt or defenseless and it just increases the probability of a rigged fight.
                There have been plenty of 'future goldenboy' not long ago it was Vargas after him Bojado, then it was Ortiz. There will always be a future golden boy, and most of the times they won't make it. Actually 9 out of 10 times they don't make it. Since DLH we are still waiting for that next golden boy and nobody has panned out.

Dodgy scorecards are one thing, that's not what we are talking about here. The conspiracy you are implying is a fighter is paid to take a horrendous beating and the ref is also paid to stop the fight.

Stuff like that would have the FBI involved, GBP would lose their promoters license. People would go to jail.

Is GBP really that desperate to risk it all on one fight/fighter?

Are they not one of the top 2 boxing promotional companies in the world?

You really think this through?

You can try to tunnel vision and ignore the circumstances, but in the end you come off as naive and narrow-minded. I'll repeat this for you again, I had no bias in this fight and if anything I was leaning slightly towards Canelo, but it seems to me and many other people who approached this fight with no bias that Angulo was paid off.
                I think people that come up with conspiracy theories on the fly with ZERO fact to back up their claims, come off gullible and paranoid.

But yeah, let me know when you get the documents.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                  Wall of text does not answer my question.

Why did Angulo eat hard shots that long? Why not take a dive after 6 rounds of getting punched? Or 7? Or 4?
                  Why take a dive at all? Angulo has never been KO'd before. Perhaps it would be even more suspicious if a guy with as tough a reputation as Angulo were to be knocked out cold in front of millions. I'm not even sure he could pull it off. It's not like he did a great job pretending to give a damn about actually putting some hurt on his opponent tonight.

Comment

Working...
                  X