Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rock Vs John Cena Wrestlemania28 Does 1.9 Million Buys??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rock Vs John Cena Wrestlemania28 Does 1.9 Million Buys??

Gus Ramsey, who works behind-the-scenes at ESPN, put out a tweet that flew under the radar yesterday claiming to know the number of buys the event did. And if he's right, the show blew away expectations.

"Rock and Brock each sign 1 year deals. WM28 did 1.9M buys. WWE was targeting 1.5M."

If true, WWE would be more than happy. They would be through the roof ecstatic because that would smash any and all previous records for PPV buys. In fact, it would be significantly higher than the 1.6 million buys UFC 100 brought in back in July 2009, a record for mixed martial arts (MMA).

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/4/...-wwe-news-espn

anything over 1.2 i say they should be ecstatic..

The cash cow of the WWE is a brahma bull.

Comment

imagine if the rock decided to test out Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
        imagine if the rock decided to test out Boxing.
        Lol I think pro wrestlers and MMA fighters should stick to their own sport, same for boxers. All 3 sports are completely different from each other, Brock learned that the hard way, and Kimbo has to fix his fights just to win in boxing. And we saw what happened to Toney.

Comment

The only good transition is MMA fighter to pro wrestler, like Ken Shamrock did. But that's only because pro wrestling is, let's just be nice and say it's a little less dangerous than MMA and boxing.

Comment

I'm very glad for the WWE. But let me tell you something, the Monday following Wrestlemania was where it was at.

BROCK FUCKING LESNAR IS BACK. Don't mess this up WWE....

And can we please bring some action back to the WWE? That HiaC match was horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
              Lol I think pro wrestlers and MMA fighters should stick to their own sport, same for boxers. All 3 sports are completely different from each other, Brock learned that the hard way, and Kimbo has to fix his fights just to win in boxing. And we saw what happened to Toney.
              brock actually made millions int he UFC and actually became the undisputed heavyweight champion. wouldnt call that learning the hard way. more like finding success in another sport

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                brock actually made millions int he UFC and actually became the undisputed heavyweight champion. wouldnt call that learning the hard way. more like finding success in another sport
                I'm actually a Brock Lesnar fan and tuned in to UFC because of him. But I don't think his MMA career was all that to TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                  Undisputed HW champ?

Comment

I actually streamed this event & glad i did, some of the worst matches I've watched since Tiger Ali Singh vs Gillberg back in 99.

Comment

Working...
                    X