No announcement yet.

inconsistent chins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
    I wouldn't call his chin inconsistent, but there is something bizarre about the typically rock-jawed Shane Mosley suffering his only career knockdowns (bad ones, too) to the good, but not great-punching Vernon Forrest.
    I think Shane is being legit when he says that the head clash really dazed him prior to being dropped tho.

Comment

Tua has taken some massive shots from Lewis, Ibeabuchi, Rahman, Maskaev, etc and then gets dropped by a shot Monte fricken Barret.

Comment

Manny Pacquaio pre/post steroids.

Comment

Dieago Corrales

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
            Lennox Lewis had a inconsistant chin.

He took massive shots from Tua, Klitschko, Mercer, Grant, Holyfield and bruno but gets KTFO twice by single punches against Rahman and McCall.
            that's not an inconsistent chin

he had an iron chin
            he defeated an endless list of rediculous punchers:
            tua, klitschko, grant, mercer, tyson, briggs, golota, morrison, ruddock
            people just seem to forget it

that's what you call being a heavyweight
            if you get hit flush with a big punch you are going to be knocked unconscious

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              that's not an inconsistent chin

he had an iron chin
              he defeated an endless list of rediculous punchers:
              tua, klitschko, grant, mercer, tyson, briggs, golota, morrison, ruddock
              people just seem to forget it

that's what you call being a heavyweight
              if you get hit flush with a big punch you are going to be knocked unconscious
              I wouldn't exactly call his chin iron, but it wasn't as bad as everyone seems to think.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                I think Shane is being legit when he says that the head clash really dazed him prior to being dropped tho.
                Do you? I watched this fight a few days ago, & I have to say, I think he's covering when he says that. You can plainly see Forrest's right hand knock the daylights out of him, & then he's pole-axed by an uppercut & overhand shot along the ropes.

I think all the damage was done with Forrest's hands, looking at the footage.

Comment

Working...
                X