Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs + Boxing =

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good memory of this thread is the fact that it was in the summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yaman View Post
      Good memory of this thread is the fact that it was in the summer.
      Great thread, I enjoyed reading the ones I did.

Comment

• This thread did an excellent job of simulating the real boxing world!

(It was fixed)

Comment

• I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

Comment

• One of the weirdest and coolest things I've seen in a while, good job, dude!

Comment

• Originally posted by paulfinch View Post
              One of the weirdest and coolest things I've seen in a while, good job, dude!
              Thanks, a lot.

Comment

• Pittsburghers Suck! Any real spots bars???

Whats up Pittsburgh? I can not believe that the only place in the state of PA showing tonights fight is Phili.

Any suggestions? Home to watch tonights fight! Where do all of Pittsburgh boxing fans hang?

Peace out

Comment

• Originally posted by butterfly1964 View Post
                  Ok, since Brassangel did the same thing with March Madness, I'll do it with the NBA Playoffs that starts tomorrow.

I will pick 16 all-time great fighters, the top 8 from the west, and the top 8 from the east(so if you don't see a few fighters on list it is because the east or west has enough people. it will be all 7-bout series, so upsets are possible. the seeds i give them will not be based on my opinion, but on what i hear from people on this forum. so here it is!

WEST

1. Muhammad Ali - Houston, TX
                  2. Jack Dempsey - Manassah, CO
                  3. Jack Johnson - Galveston, TX
                  4. George Foreman - Houston, TX
                  5. Lennox Lewis - London, England
                  6. Max Schmeling - Brandenburg, Germany
                  7. Max Baer - Livermore, CA
                  8. James Jeffries - San Francisco, CA

EAST

1. Joe Louis - Detroit, MI
                  2. Rocky Marciano - Brockton, MA
                  3. Larry Holmes - Easton, PA
                  4. Joe Frazier - Philadelphia, PA
                  5. Mike Tyson - Catskill, NY
                  6. Sonny Liston - Philadelphia, PA
                  7. Evander Holyfield - Atlanta, GA
                  8. Ezzard Charles - Cincinnati, OH

West matchups:

1. Muhammad Ali vs. 8. James Jeffries - Houston Astrodome, Houston, TX for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. Mechanics Pavilion, San Francisco, CA for fights 3, 4, and 5.

2. Jack Dempsey vs. 7. Max Baer - Stockyards Stadium, Denver, CO for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. Arcadia Pavilion, Oakland, CA for fights 3, 4, and 5.

3. Jack Johnson vs. 6. Max Schmeling - Harmony Hall, Galveston, TX for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. Volkstaad Poststadion, Berlin, Germany for fights 3, 4, and 5.

4. George Foreman vs. 5. Lennox Lewis - Sam Houston Coliseum, Houston, TX for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. New London Arena, Millwall, London, England for fights 3, 4, and 5.

East matchups:

1. Joe Louis vs. 8. Ezzard Charles - Olympia Stadium, Detroit, MI for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. Cincinnati Gardens, Cincinnati, OH for fights 3, 4, and 5.

2. Rocky Marciano vs. 7. Evander Holyfield - Boston Garden, Boston, MA for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA for fights 3, 4, and 5.

3. Larry Holmes vs. 6. Sonny Liston - Civic Arena, Pittsburgh, PA for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. Convention Hall, Philadelphia, PA for fights 3, 4, and 5.

4. Joe Frazier vs. 5. Mike Tyson - Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. Madison Square Garden, New York, NY for fights 3, 4, and 5.

They are all in their primes.

I'll be commentating every fight in this playoff, so enjoy!!
                  - -I'd say your geography is off, but any tourney is welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    - -I'd say your geography is off, but any tourney is welcome.
                    Never saw Ali associated with Houston before always thought it was Louisville, KY.

So where do we find the results of the tournament?

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Never saw Ali associated with Houston before always thought it was Louisville, KY.

So where do we find the results of the tournament?
                      - -Ali painted his signature masterpiece on Cleve's mug, and then tortured Terrell.

Comment

Working...
                      X