Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Degale: "George Groves Turned Down £2 Mill ($3.1 Mil) And Ducked Me!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeGale should just focus on Andre Dirrell for now and stop trying to buy his way out of that fight. He's already 0-2 vs Groves, but he also knows he doesn't make more money anywhere else than being George's sparring partner.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      lol..

personally i think he values being world champion more than money and knows his limitations. he figures if he gets knocked out by anthony dirrell and degale beats andre, he can get a fourth (!) title shot just because degale wants to avenge that loss so bad he would still make the fight.

just my opinion though. it wont matter though, i dont see groves beating any titleholder (nor do is see degale beating andre dirrell).
      Yeah right....lol. He just doesn't want to get knocked out by DeGale. He'll take that one point gift decision to his grave.

Plus, if he loses to Anthony Dirrell and DeGale wins, the fight would lose a lot of lustre and he'd get offered peanuts compared to this so it probably wouldn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        DeGale should just focus on Andre Dirrell for now and stop trying to buy his way out of that fight. He's already 0-2 vs Groves, but he also knows he doesn't make more money anywhere else than being George's sparring partner.
        This offer was made weeks ago. The Andre Dirrell deal isn't even finalised yet.

Comment

That win over Periban has everyone shook

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            3.1 mil dollas aint nothin in teh age of the pac/***** megafight, this should have been worth at least 50 mill each.
            50 million each?

What Planet are you on?

Comment

When Brook beat Robbles or Saldivia, in the post presser Hearn was offering Khan 2 million to fight Brook and was saying its the highest he'd ever make. Look at the situation now, Khan can make up to 9m fighting Brook now in Wembley. Secondly, Groves hates Hearn and doesn't want him to get his way, so he's basically trying to make his job difficult because Hearn has promised SKY big ppv fights and he has none so far for the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                50 million each?

What Planet are you on?
                he's obviously joking.

Comment

Turned down 2mil to fight a guy he's already beat, in a huge domestic PPV world title fight, to fight for a 10th of the money in America instead.

Peter Qullin would be proud.

Comment

If Groves beats Antony D and DeGale loses to Andre D, Groves will be in a better bargaining position to dictate terms, it'll be DeGale presiding over offers from Sauerland then as it should be, last I checked Groves held a win over DeGale.

Comment

DeGale-Dirrell is a far more compelling matchup than a rematch with Groves at this point. Groves has looked like a clubfighter in his last two outings.

Comment

Working...
                      X