No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn on Golovkin-Froch: That is a Horrible, Dangerous Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Hearn on Golovkin-Froch: That is a Horrible, Dangerous Fight

I wanted to post this in case any of you guys didn't get a chance to check out this interview before. I commend Hearn for his honesty here. He pretty much confirms what many of us already know: Golovkin is avoided!

Some telling quotes from the interview:

"If you want to be critical of Golovkin you can break down his opponents and show they’re not absolute elite level. That’s not Golovkin’s fault because you have to pay an absolute fortune to get anyone to fight him."

"There is not 10 million in the pot to tempt the likes of Cotto or Chavez to fight him, which is the sum they’d want for that kind of fight. It’s definitely a career-threatening fight."

"Yes, Froch is financially comfortable, but that doesn’t mean he’ll get in the ring for less than he deserves, and that is a horrible, dangerous fight."

This is more of the same.

If the pay-day was close to what guys could get for others fights, it would make sense. Unfortunately that isn't the case with GGG, guys can make more than double against other opponents.

Comment

If your not going to fight him best not to even mention his name...

Comment

Carl Froch is afraid of Andre Ward. Of course he'd be scared of a KO artist like Golovkin.

Comment

Why was Golovkin in the poll then, and ya ^^^^^ why keep mentioning his name?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Carl Froch is afraid of Andre Ward. Of course he'd be scared of a KO artist like Golovkin.
            Yes because Froch has never fought big punchers..

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              froch isnt afraid of anyone, hearn is. regardless of who is at fault froch is better of against a puncher. the kind of fighter who will give him the most trouble is a technician like ward.

i think its common sense froch has a better chance against GGG than ward, not saying i think he would beat GGG or that the loss if it were to occur wouldnt be more devastating. but it is a fight he can win, i dont see any way he could ever beat ward.

Comment

Big Balls Froch would have no problem fighting Golovkin.

Comment

Chavez vs Froch

Golovkin vs Kessler

PPV

Make it happen

Comment

Something tells me that if it was up toCarl froch he step in with ggg, he's already fought everyone out there why would not take on this challenge. It's just Hearn blowing smoke. Hopefully this fight gets made. They could have a little tournament with ggg Chavez jr and froch. I wouldn't miss any of those fights

Comment

Working...
                    X