No announcement yet.

Why did Bradley go for the knockout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Bradley go for the knockout?

It is mind boggling considering how much success he was having in the first 5/6 rounds when he was trying to outbox him

I don't get what the hell he was doing. He had Pac thrown completely off in those first few rounds, and was winning a battle, something I never would have expected. I guess he gassed himself out, which is crazy because Bradley's stamina and conditioning is probably his best attribute.

Still no excuse to spend almost every round winging the absolute worst power punches you'll ever see. Maybe he actually thought he'd KO Pacquiao after that right hand that wobbled him.

Comment

I can't understand what he was thinking. He literally snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. He was swinging wildly like some unpolished toughman contestant.

Tim will regret this for a long time. He was 5 rounds away from changing the ww landscape and couldn't finish.

Comment

I can't understand what he was thinking. He literally snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. He was swinging wildly like some unpolished toughman contestant.

Tim will regret this for a long time. He was 5 rounds away from changing the ww landscape and couldn't finish.

Comment

Because they felt they couldn't get a decision in a close, tactical fight. They wanted to wear Pacquiao down and dominate him physically which is why he was selling out on those shots in 3/4/5.

Remember Pacquiao was knocked out in devastating fashion 18mths ago and is (or was) widely regarded as being in physical decline. Bradley believed that if he gritted his teeth and went for it he could outfight Manny and take his heart. He was wrong.

Comment

he gas himself out with those unnecessary taunting, he might have thought that he can engage pac in a war, but pac fought smart, he goes in and out

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilist95 View Post
              It is mind boggling considering how much success he was having in the first 5/6 rounds when he was trying to outbox him
              actually it was in the first 6 rounds he was keenly trying to knockout pac then round 7 happened, after that Tim was spent...

some of you guys are forgetting Pac did have something to do with how Tim performed...

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                actually it was in the first 6 rounds he was keenly trying to knockout pac then round 7 happened, after that Tim was spent...

some of you guys are forgetting Pac did have something to do with how Tim performed...
                Exactly. He thought he could outfight Pacquiao. But by the end of round six he was hurting bad, as he said himself in the corner, and Pacquiao took over the fight.

Comment

He spent his energy trying to KO Pac and he ate some clean quality shots that made him second guess wtf he was doing.

Comment

I wouldn't say he was winning but he definitely looked like he was comfortable with how the fight was going I gave him rounds 1,4and 5 of the first 6 which means it was even, then manny just ran off with the fight, Tim was sitting on all of his punches from the beginning of the fight and had success because he had manny backing up, then I think he got gassed, all props go to manny for fighting smart, u guys forget that he was fighting an undefeated fighter in his prime who's confidence was thru the roof coming into the fight manny may have declined a little but u can't just dominate great fighters

Comment

Working...
                    X