Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Roy Jones Jr vs Andre Ward. Who wins??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
    That's the thing. Everybody is saying Roy will win because they've seen Roy at his best and seen everything there is to see. We've seen his peak.

And although Andre Ward or anyone else for that matter can't compete with Roy Jones in athleticism, I still can't see this being an easy fight for Roy. Simply because Andre Ward already shown so much versatility and skills at such a green state of his career, and he is still improving. And just like people believed that nobody can beat Roy back then, I believe that currently, nobody can defeat Andre Ward.

And I'm not saying Ward will beat Jones. To me, this is a fantasy fight that can go either way.
    I don't see any way Ward bullies Roy, Roy dealt with Toney at 168 just fine, and outfought him inside most of that fight. His athleticism is so good, his speed and timing so excellent, he'd do a number on Ward, or at least any version of Ward we've seen so far.

Comment

i don't think its in favor of roy in a wash, but i think he does win. ward has elements of him and hop, so he would be really tricky for roy.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
        I'm having a hard time choosing. Just want to hear people's thoughts.

Really? you're having a hard time choosing?

My thoughts are that we need to stop seeing such ridiculous threads where people can't decide who would win btw a better than average fighter (Ward) versus a bona fide killer like RJJ who in full flight was one of the greatest to ever lace on a pair of gloves......that's what i think!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Gerald McClellan had the best shot at beating a prime RJJ.

Had a strong punchers chance.

^^^^

This......

Comment

Working...
          X