No announcement yet.

Sultan Ibragimov retires.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sultan Ibragimov retires.

Former WBO heavyweight champion Sultan Ibragimov has announced his retirement from the sport after just 24 fights.

The 34-year-old finishes with a record of 21-1-1 with 17 knockouts but it was his solitary defeat - a one-sided decision to Wladimir Klitschko - that signalled the end of his career.

"I always believed he was never going to fight again after the Klitschko fight, because he had enough money and he didn't seem to have his heart in it," his promoter Leon Margules, of Seminole Warriors Boxing, said.

Ibragimov, an Olympic silver medallist, turned professional in 2002 and went on to beat Shannon Briggs in 2007 for the WBO title.

The Russian beat Evander Holyfield in his first defence, before coming unstuck against Klitschko at Madison Square Garden in February 2008 after a tedious encounter.

The Klitschkos DOMINATE and ruin fighters. Unbelievable there was no VICIOUS KO in this punch perfect performance by Wladamir.

Comment

He was a boring **** anyways.

Comment

thank godt. one less hvywt clown to be boored by.
        now juanita ruiz PLEASE..........

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2010 View Post
          The Klitschkos DOMINATE and ruin fighters. Unbelievable there was no VICIOUS KO in this punch perfect performance by Wladamir.
          give my a break butthole sucker!

Comment

I just can't believe Sultan Ibragimov decided to retire himself. What a powerful boxer he is!

Comment

Originally posted by steelhead View Post
              give my a break butthole sucker!
              Tua was a fat bum that accomplished nothing in his career while the Klitschkos are dominating an era.

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2010 View Post
                Tua was a fat bum that accomplished nothing in his career while the Klitschkos are dominating an era.
                A dead era, with no bodies.

Comment

glad he retired

Comment

not so fast

can't post the link but acording to a fight news interview he is not retiring

Comment

Working...
                    X