Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10,000 tickets sold for Ricky Hatton fight in 5 hours!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These people LOVE Ricky Hatton. Hope it works out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      His down to earth personality and the determination he showed in the Tszyu fight sent him mainstream. He's also massively popular with the Manchester City fans he's got his own box and goes to see them play regularly.
      Up until Hatton/Mayweather, I had never seen Ricky fight. I became a fan of Ricky's during the 24/7 series, and decided to watch his previous fights because of that. I'm really hoping that he can retire on a good note, never like to see a fighter go out on his back.

Comment

got my ticket!

Comment

Originally posted by deadbeat hero View Post
          Just heard Ricky on local radio saying that 10,000 tickets already sold since midday. Unbelievable given they haven't even announced his opponent yet. Whatever you think of him, as boxing fans we have to salute him as one of the great people's champions. Truly he is one of a kind.
          Its easy to say it , quick better hurry and grab yours before they all sold !

Comment

i dont think it will be long before all 21,000 are sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
              I don't get how he got so popular

His style is soo ugly.
              Agreed.

Comment

His style is soo ugly.
                he became popular because of him being one of the lads, the way he acted between fights going out getting drunk, playing darts etc.

Comment

His style is soo ugly.
                  People liked him for the same reason people liked Gatti or Corales, they always came to fight and give their fans a show. Hatton gave everything he had in the ring, so his comeback should be good now that he is not fighting addiction and weight problems.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
                    People liked him for the same reason people liked Gatti or Corales, they always came to fight and give their fans a show. Hatton gave everything he had in the ring, so his comeback should be good now that he is not fighting addiction and weight problems.
                    Brawlers and battlers are always popular , the vast majority of the people watching boxing only understand a fight , they dont care for nor have a clue to the science of the sport .

Comment

Working...
                    X