Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Will Return on April 13 or April 20, Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Will Return on April 13 or April 20, Showtime

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer advised BoxingScene.com that former junior welterweight champion Amir Khan (27-3, 19KOs) will return on April 13 or April 20, on Showtime.

Khan's return will be the second of his three fight deal with the network. Khan will also fight on a Showtime date in September.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It won't be Garcia, Alexander, Paulie, Ortiz, Berto, Peterson or Guerrero so it will probably be Lopez.

He could move up to 147 but that would go against Virgil Hunters suggestion of keeping Amir at 140 for at least another 2 fights.

Comment

Looks like Gbp will cash out on khan in sept that's when we will see Garcia knock him out again and end his career if Lopez is the next opponent I hope he cracks khan chin

Comment

Not even a fan of his but something about his fights are must watch

Comment

which lightweight will get the call up?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              In fairness to Khan he needs easy fights while Hunter attempts to transform him. He needs huge changes in his technique and how he acts in the ring and that is a very big ask as his habits are very strongly ingrained. If he is put under pressure he will fall straight into his old strongest habits and that is exactly what will happen when he fights anyone good. It is one thing being taught improvements and another getting them down to automatic.
              Showtime are not going to cough up for too many fights that suck so I don't know how many more Molina type soft touches he can take on before he has to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                In fairness to Khan he needs easy fights while Hunter attempts to transform him. He needs huge changes in his technique and how he acts in the ring and that is a very big ask as his habits are very strongly ingrained. If he is put under pressure he will fall straight into his old strongest habits and that is exactly what will happen when he fights anyone good. It is one thing being taught improvements and another getting them down to automatic.
                Showtime are not going to cough up for too many fights that suck so I don't know how many more Molina type soft touches he can take on before he has to step up.
                Showtime is gonna get dicked like they did with Bute. They paid him a bunch of money hoping to get paid off on a Ward fight and got played. Refusing to televise the Froch fight after all the garbage they put on was ridiculous.

Khan will find excuses and push through 3 bums then jump to HBO or go home to SKY PPV if Showtime doesn't bend over again.

Comment

Great news, Khan brings every pennys worth of entertainment, i'm sure the haters are excited too

I use to diss the guy, i still do, but his heart is one thing i cant insult

Comment

Hitman dude ur a troll on some other level ****, jesus man, seriously

Comment

Working...
                    X