Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev vs Stevenson: Who has the better chin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if Kovalev has been KO'd several times, but he has been KO'd at least once (there's video).

Comment

I haven't seen neither guy get hit by a big puncher lately. Stevenson has been in there with bigger punchers (he wasn't hit). I say he has an advantage over KOV. KOV. looked a little shocked each time he got hit by Agnew (spelling). He definitely didn't want to be hit again. Stevenson would outbox him in my opinion and he has one punch power to put him on the deck. Kov. should stay away from Stevenson. He needs to work on his balance and foot work AND defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        I don't know if Kovalev has been KO'd several times, but he has been KO'd at least once (there's video).
        Plus look at the sort of punchers he's been in with post Boone. (And likely pre-Boone, but that's a pretty motley lot.) For the most part it doesn't seem like he's been in with anybody to test his chin.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...5927&cat=boxer

I've said this before, but Kovalev, GGG, and Thurman all suffer from a lack of head movement and and a tendency to go straight back. At some point they will all pay for that. I actually think Adonis is more chinny than Kovalev, but he's also less likely to pay for it.

Comment

I think Kovalev has better punch resistance, but not by a wide margin.

Comment

id say kovalev just cause he is like the terminator

Comment

I've not actually voted cos there just isn't any real way of telling (and anyway I tend to ascribe punch resistance more to awareness of what's coming than than some fabled genetic Granite or Glass jaw). What I can say for certain however is that both these guys have more than enough firepower to knock the other out.

Who'll be the one to get there first though? That's why this fight has to happen - it can only be answered in the ring.

Comment

C. I don't know.

Comment

You guys are underestimating Kovalev's boxing ability.

Comment

Working...
                  X