Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wont more people speak up? Rigondeaux is clearly the best boxer in the world

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't say he's #1 P4P but saying he's a boring fighter is like saying Biggie is the G.O.A.T. Nothing but propaganda put out by the powers that be.

Comment

Explain to me how Rigo is less exiting than Andre Ward??

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
        Rigo deserves a spot on someone's network definitely. Unfortunately herp a derp the mainstream vieweing public is stupid.
        I wouldn't say they are stupid. They just expect a minimum level of action for fights, which Rigondeaux doesn't seem to bring. Mayweather, Ward, Hopkins, Lara, even Crawford in his last fight and his fight vs Prescott, bring some form of action in their fights. However, Crawford has to be consistent, he needs to fight like he did against Prescott and Burns more often.

Rigondeaux is great and all, but he just doesn't bring much action. I mean he nearly shut out Donaire, but if you notice after 4 rounds he kinda just kinda slows down and coast, which is still enough to outbox one-punch Donaire. Vic almost beat him too but he's not as defensively good as Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Who's talking about Pacquio? I'm not; for once.

Rigo made history in his 12th fight against a p4p top 5 opponent. Gets hit less than Floyd, what are you saying ?
          You are mocking Floyd for not fighting a high caliber fighter for his 12th fight, yet Pacquiao(his rival) didn't fight a world beater for his 12th fight, and in fact lost by 3rd round knock out.

You also don't make any sense comparing Floyd's 12th to Rigo's 12th, because like I said, they had different levels of amateur experience and Rigo was 12 years older than Floyd at fight 12.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            You can't be serious but i'll play along.

Rigondeaux was 32 years old when he fought Donaire, with 380+ amateur fights.

In his 12th fight, Floyd Mayweather Jr was 20 years old and had 90 amateur fights.

Speaking of 12th fights, Manny Pacquiao got KTFO in his 12th fight against Rustico Torrecampo, Manny was 24 years old. Torrecampo had 4 losses, all by TKO, and was 5' 2".

Post made me spit out my drink. Hilarious pwn.

Comment

I don't even consider him that awesome to be honest....Put him in with Santa Cruz and lets see how good he really is.....He's overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                Post made me spit out my drink. Hilarious pwn.
                He disregards age and the substantial amateur experience, as if hypothetically speaking Rigondeaux was 20 years old and a pro, that he would actually fight Donaire in his 12th fight. That would be ridiculously stupid match making.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  You are mocking Floyd for not fighting a high caliber fighter for his 12th fight, yet Pacquiao(his rival) didn't fight a world beater for his 12th fight, and in fact lost by 3rd round knock out.

You also don't make any sense comparing Floyd's 12th to Rigo's 12th, because like I said, they had different levels of amateur experience and Rigo was 12 years older than Floyd at fight 12.
                  I took you seriously; wanna go get Five Guys? On me bruh

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I don't know if Rigo's the best boxer in the world, but he is special. I'd love to see him regularly. But many people find him boring and the networks are in business to make money. I love jazz, too, but it's a dying musical genre because it doesn't sell. Whatchagonnado?
                    Same here man

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
                      I don't even consider him that awesome to be honest....Put him in with Santa Cruz and lets see how good he really is.....He's overrated.
                      That would be music to Rigondeaux's ears. He'd win 12-0. In fact glancing at Super Bantam, no one there strikes me as much competition for Rigo. 126 is slightly more competitive with Gonzalez and Mares, he already beat Donaire.

For Rigondeaux to be in a fight where fans would be like "Damn, he might lose that fight", he has to go up to 130 vs Uchiyama, Salido, Fortuna, Barthelemy, Mendez. And we all know 130 for a guy as small and short as Rigondeaux is just too much.

Comment

Working...
                      X