Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did we miss out on the best of Manny at 140 and 135lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justcuz View Post
    Hence, why I replied to saying, "you're saying it so matter-of-factly" as if you know for a fact that we didn't miss out on the best version of Manny.

All I'm saying. No need for arguing. I'm not calling you biased. I personally think we did miss out on the best version of Manny, and you obviously don't. Differing opinions is all.

No hard feelings, brother.
    None taken my man.

I just want to be clear that despite the fact I am not manny's biggest fan and also a huge floyd fan that hin this thread I wasn't being critical of manny in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      None taken my man.

I just want to be clear that despite the fact I am not manny's biggest fan and also a huge floyd fan that hin this thread I wasn't being critical of manny in any way.
      No doubt. Respect, brother. It was good having a civil conversation with another educated boxing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by justcuz View Post
        No. I'm simply saying the best version of Manny, period. A comfortable Manny. one that doesn't have to ingest as much food to keep the weight on would've been even more deadly, imo.

And who knows, maybe he takes out some more fighters in early fashion like Hatton, and he doesn't take additional damage in his fights at 140. Thus, saving his body more at that weight.
        Very fair points that I didn't consider when initially answering.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Very fair points that I didn't consider when initially answering.
          Neither of us are completely right or wrong. It's all opinions at the end of the day. Like, you're point about him not looking as spectacular at 140 is very valid. There were guys like Raheem and Guzman that surely could have given him stylistic problems. All good points.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            dude, the topic could be PAC giving some random homeless guy a house and Dunn would find something wrong with it
            this is a case of judging the messnger and not the message,

soto/guzman was supposed to set up a fight against pacquiao, when soto got schooled by guzman arum and his team wanted no parts of that, and to be honest it derailed guzmans career big time, (along with his own stupidity)

basically big dunn is right, the other fights at 140/135 at the time werent exactly lucrative and other than guzman, pac beats all of them anyway, hes not exactly wrong

Comment

Marquez would've been there to daddy him I'm sure?

Comment

Working...
              X