No announcement yet.

How good is Hank Lundy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Only he had a monster infront of him and not a little ****house that offers nothing and he looked respectable. He looked shot to bits tonight like he'd aged 10 years since his last fight.

Anybody who has ever watched Ajose fight even if they don't rate him will admit that was just not him tonight.
    Not true at all, Lundy neutralized Ajose's whole attack, it's his awkwardness that made him difficult to deal with but Lundy wasn't phased by it, and showed he was technically superior in every way. I think this is the perfect weight for Lundy as well.

Comment

He looked really strong...too strong. Warrant suspicions. Looked tight and compact but Ajose was punching like Paulie. Matthysse has probably ended Ajose's career.

Comment

I don't want to take anything away from Lundy, but Ajose was shockingly bad. He looked completely lost, and was thoroughly dominated.

I'd like to see Hank against another solid 140 pounder, because you can't forget losses to Beltran and Postol (who aren't exactly great boxers).

Comment

We all have a tendency to gas up former opponents of our favorite fighters and Matthysse fans gassed the **** out of Ajose.

Comment

Lundy is that guy that on any given night can upset the applecart. The only problem is his mentality. His mental is what keeps him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Lundy is that guy that on any given night can upset the applecart. The only problem is his mentality. His mental is what keeps him down.
              That and his chin, but they interviewed him before the Ajose fight and he said he will no longer showboat, he looks serious now. Doesn't mean he'll make noise at 140 but he ain't someone to sleep on.

By the way, to those that are quick to discredit the win, he knew exactly what Ajose was capable of, he said Ajose is gonna come forward, be aggressive but he highlighted Ajose's tendencies to be sloppy and throw wide, he said he was gonna throw the straight punches down the middle. All worked out fine for him. I think Ajose lost courage when he saw he couldn't hit Lundy.

Comment

Working...
              X