No announcement yet.

watched the Rigo Donaire fight again..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SweetScience View Post
    Nonito finally admitted he lost, let's move on.
    I said he lost too, on the strength of the 12th. I just can't fathom where this shutout nonsense comes from.

Comment

Na bro, Nonito did nothing. Couldn't touch Rigo and when he did, he would get countered so hard that he didn't wanna keep up with the exchanges.

Comment

I don't think it was a shutout but it certainly wasn't close...

I don't pay much mind to CompuBox myself...

Rigondeaux controlled the pace of the fight and had great ring generalship almost entirely throughout...he didn't even look like he was in a fight afterwards...

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
          Carefully paying attention and blocking out the idiotic commentary. Anyone saying Donaire got "whitewashed" is absurd. This Rigo is way too inactive to have pitched a shutout. Hbo's commentary was disgraceful. Ignoring many of donaire's punches and touting the myth of compubox. Are they counting rigo's feints in compubox or what?

Don't get me wrong, the rounds donaire won, rigo gave away from inactivity.
          3rd 4th 7th 8th were all Donaire's. 10th, donaire. 113

1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 9th, 11th, and 12th are ones I could justify for rigo, sometimes only by one good left hand or right hook, so I could easily see one of those rounds going to Donaire on a more biased persons card, resulting in a draw. 114 (cuz of the kd) The guy is just too inactive to win rounds in a shutout, I don't know what HBO is smoking but I want some.

114-113 Rigo

Btw compibox is effin broken at this point. Wow. You gonna tell me rigo landed 10 punches in the 8th? And that round they said Donaire landed only 3? Also wrong. Wtf is really going on.

Take your hbo glasses off please
          So let me get this right. Both fighters throw zero punches.

Donaire Round right?

Wrong... Rigo round.

Rigos goal is to reduce the punch count as low as possible.

The less punches were throw in the round, the more effective Rigondeaux was.

That is his entire game, to slow the pace as much as possible, to control the fight with feint, to feeze you with body shots, and to make you miss when you do throw.

Then of course there are the punch stats that refute that very stupid notion.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
            Na bro, Nonito did nothing. Couldn't touch Rigo and when he did, he would get countered so hard that he didn't wanna keep up with the exchanges.
            He touched rigo. Rigo's body is solid and he's not as glass chinned as people have been saying. Rigo took several hooks and body shots throughout the fight. Minimized from his movement and fading out of a punch but he still got hit.

Comment

He could have.. Was just too inactive though. The pathetic thing is that so many have to be told what they are seeing, instead of having an opinion for themselves.
              I was at Radio City...no commentary. I originally gave Donaire two rounds. After watching the fight two more times, I give Nonito only the tenth. How can you call Rigo inactive when Donaire was even more so? There were several stretches where Nonito followed a pot-shotting Guillermo around without throwing a single punch. It was pathetic.

Comment

seen it three times myself... my scorecard read ... Boxing clinic .... lol naw but on the real i saw it again and trust me at most donaire won three rounds .. he was just missing like crazy then getting tapped to the body also straight lefts he looked lost.. theres no way i mean no way he won 3rd and 4th round just no way my dude.. thats crazy and all this talk about running the first 6 rounds rigo stayed in pocket and was amused at what he saw hahaha moved around in the middle a bit tho but then in the pocket late rounds dominated

Comment

Lolwhat was the other round? Let me guess.. U gave donaire the 8th just like max right.

Donaire was having trouble I don't refute that, but he was touching rigo to the body at times and catching him at least partly with a few combinations that were promptly ignored or downplayed. Ie. Lampley said donaire landed a grazing shot on rigo.. It was an ok/solid shot wtf man, then they go on to say rigos counter was awesome but they were more even in that exchange, to me. That hbo announcing team. Wow

Rigo spent several rounds evading and with extremely low output. He gave those rounds away. This is the biggest scam how they can shapew what people see, well I have eyes and I don't believe everything I hear without backing it up for myself. It just doesn't add up, their account of it.

I feel sorry for Nonito. A close fight widely touted as a shutout.
                  If nonito throws 100 punches, and Rigo makes him miss 100 punches, and tags him with a jab.

Rigo CLEARLY wins the round.

Comment

I watched it the first time on mute. No bullshit. I've done this for quite sometime, actually.

It was my 3rd TIME time viewing it that I watched it with the HBO commentary.

Lampley said it best.

Julie Lederman had the most accurate scorecard of the ringside judges.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      So let me get this right. Both fighters throw zero punches.

Donaire Round right?

Wrong... Rigo round.

Rigos goal is to reduce the punch count as low as possible.

The less punches were throw in the round, the more effective Rigondeaux was.

That is his entire game, to slow the pace as much as possible, to control the fight with feint, to feeze you with body shots, and to make you miss when you do throw.

Then of course there are the punch stats that refute that very stupid notion.
                      So if neither throw a punch u give the round to Rigo? Lol! I call that a stinker of a round and a tie, or perhaps give it to nonito on aggression alone.

Punch stats are f'd my dude

Comment

Working...
                      X