Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would anyone be shocked by any athlete being on PEDs in this day and age?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would anyone be shocked by any athlete being on PEDs in this day and age?

Whether it be Pacquiao, Mayweather, an NFL star, cyclist, track star, etc...People acting like there's NO way so and so is on something.

"Oh my god, what a shock, an athlete at the highest level of the sport takes something to recover quicker from workouts to train harder and improve performance!!! What a shock!!!"

And my favorite excuse of all, "he doesn't look like the type to cheat."

Why yes, looks and public image tells us so much about what an athlete really is like.

Well not every boxer is the same, thread. Some beat up men for honor, and principle, and from the goodness of their heart!

Comment

nah , not with whats at stake money and fame. Losing can change your whole career. 1 loss. So Im not suprised. It just makes me appretiate true clean atheletes though much more.

Comment

people can be so naive

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked.

Just don't single out one guy.

Comment

I have said this plenty of times that I will not be shocked if any fighter no matter who you are Pac, Cotto, Mayweather, Hatton, Hopkins, Joe blow it won't shock me that they are juicing that is the era that we live in now...

Comment

I wouldnt be shocked.

Cross Floyd off the list and King AA....they are a aprt of the OST Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                Whether it be Pacquiao, Mayweather, an NFL star, cyclist, track star, etc...People acting like there's NO way so and so is on something.

"Oh my god, what a shock, an athlete at the highest level of the sport takes something to recover quicker from workouts to train harder and improve performance!!! What a shock!!!"

And my favorite excuse of all, "he doesn't look like the type to cheat."

Why yes, looks and public image tells us so much about what an athlete really is like.
                Well, you have a point.

But boxing is a deadly sport. You can take a punch wrong and it could kill you, theoretically. It has happened before. I dabble a bit in the Ams, and I know from my minimal experience that its a whole 'nother game when you in there with someone that want to knock your skull in.

In that situation you depend on the rules and the facade of civility to at least keep a level playing field, so that strategy and skill can still play a part.

If they are unfairly faster or stronger than you, by taking illegal substances during workout, that takes away from it. That's why I cannot support PED users. I never took that stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                  Well, you have a point.

But boxing is a deadly sport. You can take a punch wrong and it could kill you, theoretically. It has happened before. I dabble a bit in the Ams, and I know from my minimal experience that its a whole 'nother game when you in there with someone that want to knock your skull in.

In that situation you depend on the rules and the facade of civility to at least keep a level playing field, so that strategy and skill can still play a part.

If they are unfairly faster or stronger than you, by taking illegal substances during workout, that takes away from it. That's why I cannot support PED users. I never took that stuff
                  I'm with you there, I definitely have more of a problem with it in violent sports like boxing, football, and MMA than others like baseball, cycling, and track.

At the same time, when they do get caught using it, I'm not surprised in the least. My surprise is often more how negligent they are or exactly what they took. James Toney taking horse steroids?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Well not every boxer is the same, thread. Some beat up men for honor, and principle, and from the goodness of their heart!
                    Are you telling me there's no honor and principle in charging a guy massive fees if he's overweight, even when the weight is 2 lbs below the weight limit, or paying a guy 600k so you can say to hell with the contract weight?

Comment

Working...
                    X