No announcement yet.

looks like the 11th round was key in Cotto/Clottey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks like the 11th round was key in Cotto/Clottey

Looks like the 11th round was key in this fight.

Just about all of the guys who thought Cotto won (usually 114-113,) gave him the 11th round, and vice versa. Not sure how Judge McKaie scored the 11th, but I'd be willing to bet it was for Cotto.

So people saying that it wouldn't have mattered if Clottey finished up the last two rounds stronger, just might be wrong.

Come on. The guys claiming it was a robbery are basically arguing over one very close round. WTF ???????

Comment

A lot of people seemed to score rounds 2-4 differently as well.

Comment

Robberies are like Lewis vs Holyfield I when it ended in a draw when clearly it was not even a close.

Cotto won convincingly but not overwhelmingly over Clottey.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
          A lot of people seemed to score rounds 2-4 differently as well.
          The ones with extreme scores, 8 rounds or so for either, usually Clottey, yeah. But I don't think I've seen a scorecard where their winner didn't win rd 11.

Comment

I agree with you Jim...

this was a fight that (at least in the opinion of my score) was decided by a single round (or point).

the last two rounds of the fight were key for both fighters in my opinion, not just the 11th...the 12th round also had a huge effect on the outcome...it was anyones fight going into the 12th.

you can also make an arguement that the flash knockdown clottey suffered from the 1st was his undoing as well...without that knockdown i would have had the fight a draw. and according to the judges last night without that knockdown it may very well have ended up a draw.

this was no robbery...just a tough, good, close fight that was hard to score because every round (especially later in the fight) you had to very little to judge...you either liked clottey moving forward (But not doing a whole lot once he did move forward) or cotto backing up looking for room and waiting to block clottey shots and land counters (which didnt happen very often either)...

it was a tough fight to score...nothing clear cut about it.

maybe a rematch will need to be talked about between both fighters and camps...

but im tired of hearing it was a robbery. no matter who got the decision last night people would still talk about it here...and complain. its just the way it goes though...close fights arent robberys just something worthly of good conversation and dispute amoung fans.

Comment

Working...
            X