No announcement yet.

Ben Askren is a ****in pussay...1st MMA champion ****sexual

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
    Really the biggest problem with wrestling is it's just not fair. If you have great wrestling your pretty much a shoe in to be a top contender in the UFC. It's ridiculous that they don't have to be a well rounded fighter to make it to the top. It's mixed martial arts but wrestling it's just wrestling without the pin a lot of times. Not just calling out Askren but he's one of the main people.

Then he goes out and calls Garcia a loser. 80% of the people that buy UFC PPV's I bet would rather pay to see the "loser" fight over one of Ben Askren in a title fight ANYDAY if they found out who he was and watched his fights. People want to see a fight.

I don't mind Ground and pound. But most people don't even use it. They just lay on them and stall. I loved guys like Mark & Kevin, Tito, GSP(his ground and pound was ruthless back in the day), Rampage, Diego Sanchez, Jon Fitch and even Sean Sherk. I agree winning has to be more important but at the end of the day people aren't going to want to see you if all your doing is laying on somebody for 25 minutes and only doing pointless transitions for 5 rounds just so the ref don't stand it up.

Jon Fitch 10x> then Ben Askren. I don't think Fitch deserves half the ***** he gets because he completely trashed Thiago Alves, had a few good slams and actually attempts submissions. I like that kind of wrestling used and appreciate it.
    Dude, your something else.

Askren's grappling the other night was more exciting than anything Fitch has ever dreamed of doing in a fight. Askren was trying subs as well the entire time. Mark my words, once he improves his submission offense he's going to have the tools to be something very special.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
      the only reason he is saying that is because he doesn't have the ability to earn bonuses. He doesn't know anything else other than wrestling so he is being a soar puss. He's just jealous because he wants those bonuses and he knows he'll never get one.
      He ups his earnings by winning fights in Bellator, not on a whim based on the good grace of a promoter, i.e. he fights for an organization which promotes MMA as a sport rather than as a spectacle.

Comment

Originally posted by the traveler View Post
        I liked the pride rules and agree about that. I think it should be pride rules with elbows on the ground allowed.

I think he was making a joke, like, there are guys like anderson silva that are so good that they entertain while winning. Those guys are fine to him. He's just saying on the other hand you can have a guy like garcia and wanderlei silva who just fight for the fans and throw out technique and strategy in order to please certain fans.

I really can't stand like fighters like this, but I wouldn't go as far as calling them losers. I guess I'm the opposite because I never really liked wanderlei silva after I read that he fights the way he does because of fans. It made me feel like he wasn't a complete fighter and that I wasn't getting the real, full thing from him.

Sure people like Rampage and chuck are what made mma.
        The majority of people, mostly americans like flash and instant gratification. What's mainstream? bling bling rap, fast food and ****. I understand the need for instant gratification and am not trying to act like I don't fall prey to it also, but if a guy feels like he needs to hold another guy down to win and CAN do it, I'd encourage him to do so whether or not it isn't pleasing to some fans.
        Really good post, though I disagree with your take on Wanderlei.

At the top of his game, he was a murderer and the way he fought was part of what made him the fighter he was. His run at the top was very impressive, historic even and his style of putting it all on the line was one of the things that made this happen imo. It's not unlike a guy like Tyson who's ferocity had guys shaking in their boots before walking to the ring. Wanderlei is a fallen star now, but he's a guy who made this style work when he was in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          First of all, there was no lay and praying in his fight the other night.

Second of all, I much prefer to see a guy go out and put on a high tempo display of high level technical grappling than to go out and swat air for three rounds only to then recieve a gift decision.

Thirdly, Askren is a much better athlete then Garcia and Garcia is a douche.

Fourthly, Askren was only speaking his mind imo and I respect that.

Too many knee jerk reactions going on here imo.
          I didn't even watch the fight the other night because 1. It was him who is notoriously boring. 2. The boxing PPV & Strikeforce cards. You kiddin' me? Wouldn't miss em for nothin'. This interview came out before his last fight. Thats why I'm judging him before it because he says this before he has that "decent" fight as everybody's saying.

I'm not even really talking about Garcia really. I mean he's a biitch for calling somebody who's all heart and guts a loser. But really I'm talking about people who put on exciting fights in general. Some people like to brawl so how are they losers if thats what they love to do? Is Rampage a loser? Lytle?

How is Garcia a douche? Yeah he gets some gift decisions but it isn't his fault, it's the judges so you can't blame him. And he's one to ****in talk because he gets paid more then almost the whole UFC roster. They get paid like ***** so yeah if I'm them only taking home 12 to 20,000 dollars you damn right I want a bonus check on top of the win. But to literally assume he's just fighting for a bonus every time out is ******ed as you saw he actually tried being technical against the Koread Zombie and they both looked weird and out of their comfort zone because their wild brawlers no matter what at heart. I can't remember off the top of my head any wild brawlers successfully being champs after being more "technical."

Man's straight up disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            He ups his earnings by winning fights in Bellator, not on a whim based on the good grace of a promoter, i.e. he fights for an organization which promotes MMA as a sport rather than as a spectacle.
            You don't agree with fight/KO/sub of the night bonuses?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              You don't agree with fight/KO/sub of the night bonuses?
              Nope and I never have. I find them quite ridiculous. Is this not suppose to be a professional sport? If it is a professional sport, the earnings should be contractual, not announced in the goddamn post-fight press conference.

As we all know though, Zuffa is not interested in running MMA as a sport. They prefer to run it like pro wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                I didn't even watch the fight the other night because 1. It was him who is notoriously boring. 2. The boxing PPV & Strikeforce cards. You kiddin' me? Wouldn't miss em for nothin'. This interview came out before his last fight. Thats why I'm judging him before it because he says this before he has that "decent" fight as everybody's saying.

I'm not even really talking about Garcia really. I mean he's a biitch for calling somebody who's all heart and guts a loser. But really I'm talking about people who put on exciting fights in general. Some people like to brawl so how are they losers if thats what they love to do? Is Rampage a loser? Lytle?

How is Garcia a douche? Yeah he gets some gift decisions but it isn't his fault, it's the judges so you can't blame him. And he's one to ****in talk because he gets paid more then almost the whole UFC roster. They get paid like ***** so yeah if I'm them only taking home 12 to 20,000 dollars you damn right I want a bonus check on top of the win. But to literally assume he's just fighting for a bonus every time out is ******ed as you saw he actually tried being technical against the Koread Zombie and they both looked weird and out of their comfort zone because their wild brawlers no matter what at heart. I can't remember off the top of my head any wild brawlers successfully being champs after being more "technical."

Man's straight up disrespectful.
                Your not the first one to take this line with respect to these comments, and frankly I understand the sentiments, but I disagree.

Maybe it's partially the fact that Askren is an Olympic athlete and takes winning very seriously.

I do concede that it is bad PR on his part to go spouting off with this kind of stuff to the media.

Reading between the lines a bit though I sort of see where he's coming from. And I take it as him just saying what's on his mind. I personally respect the honesty, but it is bad PR and he shouldn't do that anymore. That shows inexperience on his part that he would say that. And I guess slagging off other fighters is likewise distasteful. It'd be one thing maybe if they were in the same division and might fight, but in this case it's pretty disrespectful actually.

I just don't like Garcia. The guy just rubs me the wrong way. And I don't like fighters who stand in the ring and throw 100 punches with none of them landing, only to get gift decisions. Call it my personal bias if you like.

And I thought Korean Zombie fought well and it was good to see him adapt some better technique. I haven't rewatched the fight though, but that was just my impression at the time I guess.

I wasn't able to catch any of the fights live, but I downloaded them and spent the last couple days catching up. I'll upload the card.

Comment

I found some links, so no need to upload it myself:

Bellator.Fighting.Championships.S04E06.XL.DSR.XviD-KYR

title Bellator XL (40
                  genre MMA
                  rel. date 04/10/11 format XviD
                  air date 04/09/11 source HDTV
                  runtime 98 MiN 52 SEC bitrate 1412kbps
                  filesize 1,172,056,064 resolu. 512x384
                  rar count 24x15MB (1119 MB) frames 29.970
                  audio 2ch 131kbps 48khz
                  location USA

-

Welterweight bout: Ben Askren vs. Nick Thompson
                  Welterweight Semifinal bout: Brent Weedman vs. Jay Hieron
                  Lightweight Semifinal bout: Lloyd Woodard vs. Michael
                  Chandler

Enjoy

Bellator.Fighting.Championships.S04E06.XL.DSR.XviD-KYR

CD1 | CD2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GIZ8LCBD

File name: bellator.fighting.championships.406.xl.dsr.xvid-kyr1.avi
                  File size: 558.06 MB

File name: bellator.fighting.championships.406.xl.dsr.xvid-kyr2.avi
                  File size: 563.07 MB

Comment

Working...
                  X