Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people say Canelo looks different than the typical Mexican?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fresno View Post
    Whole point of the thread is if u see a red headed white skinned Mexican DON'T be seprised because we as mexicans see it all the time.
    Thats kinda the point I was making.

It seems the only people arguing are guys like kev and demspeyrollin but both of those dudes are from up north, so it's kinda hard to take their opinions serious.

With that said, ignorant line of thinking makes one believe all Mexicans are dark skinned etc...but that's not even the case.

Comment

Its quite simply because a lot of people don't realize that is one of the countries Mexico exemplifies the "Melting Pot" of races. We are as mixed as can be and that's probably why the culture is so rich.

some of the races/ethinicities/nationalities of people who came to Mexico and contributed to the melting pot are:

Native American- Aztecs, Toltecs, Inca, Maya etc.
      European - Spanish, Irish, German, French, English
      Asian - Mostly Chinese, but quite a few Japanese as well
      African - Congolese but unlikely ****geneous, and others.
      Middle East - Lebanon
      Similar Mixed - People from all over Latin America who are already intermingled have also contributed greatly.

I am of very light brown skin, with dark brown eyes, and hair but my first girlfriend in Mexico was very light skinned and blonde. And at no point did anyone ever think it was weird to see either me, her, or my very dark skinned cousin.

Comment

Originally posted by -ELO- View Post
        Co-sign!

You would know this if you lived over here in Western USA or if you visited Northern parts of Mexico.

I'm Mexican-American and I am a light brown mestizo( see my profile pic) while my brother is very dark with an olive complexion. He could totally pass as a Middle Eastern or East Indian. My family from my fathers side is very light skinned and some with green eyes. My niece looks pure white and my daughters are like me.

If you truly grew around Mexicans it would be very common to see Mexicans with white skin, not a lot of gingers but a lot of white Mexicans for sure.

Mexicans come in all shapes, colors and sizes.
        how do I see that picture?

Comment

Working...
        X