No announcement yet.

Support American fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
    whoa, you can't make that kind of a claim without proof. have you ever heard of Germany?!?!?

we've had bad decisions, but the only ones blatantly against foreigners that I can recall were:

Lewis-Holyfield I and Sturm-De La Hoya

which others are you referring to?
    you only have to look at Cortez's reffing of the Mayweather fight, if that happened overseas against a US fighter the whole of US boxing would've been up in arms.

The US controls boxing and promotes US boxing consistently on the surface and in many other ways besides that, but the reality doesn't always match the hype in the ring and right now their fighters are no better than the rest of the world and the US fans/people don't support them in the same way.

Comment

I want to see pound for pound lists right now. I want to know how many fighters in the world right now are better than Dawson, Williams, Bradley and Ward. Go ahead and fill this out. The first 3 are already decided, so don't bother there. And don't forget to put Mosley in your list. Show me a list that doesn't have half Americans in the top 10 right now.

1. Pacquiao
      2. Mayweather
      3. Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by markbnlv View Post
        I have noticed as of late american boxing fans have turned a cold shoulder towards american fighters the bashing of Floyd Mosley Paulie etc why is this,maybe if we supported fighters from are country like we did with ray leonard dela hoya sweetpea maybe boxing would have a resurgance.

I'm American.. And i'm a fan of Pac..

Rooting for Floyd and Paulie just cause they are American is BS. They are the reason alot of people hate american with there ****ed up personality..

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          you only have to look at Cortez's reffing of the Mayweather fight, if that happened overseas against a US fighter the whole of US boxing would've been up in arms.

The US controls boxing and promotes US boxing consistently on the surface and in many other ways besides that, but the reality doesn't match the hype in the ring and their fighters are no better than the rest of the world and the US fans/people don't support them in the same way.
          yeah, it's a shame Cortez didn't let Ricky hold and hit all night. Oh wait, it's actually illegal in every country not named the UK

Comment

I want to see pound for pound lists right now. I want to know how many fighters in the world right now are better than Dawson, Williams, Bradley and Ward. Go ahead and fill this out. The first 3 are already decided, so don't bother there. And don't forget to put Mosley in your list. Show me a list that doesn't have half Americans in the top 10 right now.

1. Pacquiao
            2. Mayweather
            3. Hopkins
            Well Dawson does not want to fight anyone who can punch or is below the age of 40.

Ward beat Kessler, thats it

AA would stand as good a chance as anyone at knocking Ward out, particularly when he has been down against fighters like Boone.

Dawson has been on his ass against Harding.

Comment

yeah, it's a shame Cortez didn't let Ricky hold and hit all night. Oh wait, it's actually illegal in every country not named the UK
              Cortez let Hopkin do it to Calzaghe, explain that?

actually allow me, Hopkin is a US fighter so he's allowed to. Hatton only wanted a fair shot, what he got was a fat yank ref on his back from the opening bell.

The way sections of the US media have supported Mayweather's drug test demands is another example, but again the US fans either aren't interested all or back Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by markbnlv View Post
                Lucian Bute is a good example of what your talking about the man will put 20k in the seats, and people say he should prove himself in america,why would he do that hes putting 20 k in the seats and making tons of money,thats why we need an american fighter that we can prop up as a national icon then you will see guys like bute fight outside of there countries.
                bute aint even from canada, but he fights outside his own .... please name some current american top dogs whos done the same who was'nt in the downside ofhis carreer besides winky ....
                Last edited by baracuda; 12-27-2009, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  Honestly bro I don't even look at where they from. I don't care. I love boxing so I become of fans of fighters who are from different places. I am a big fan of Mosley, Dawson, Kirkland and Bradley. But, I am also a big fan of Adamek, Gonzalez, Valero, Abraham, Khan, Bute, Kameda, Doanire, Pac. It doesn't matter the fighter Nationality to me.
                  Dont get me wrong i am a fan of all fighters,i am talking about national pride for a fighter we need to support are fighters more half the us cards i see these days are half empty 12000 seat arenas thats just not right,i am not saying dont be a fan of a fighter from a different country but try at least to support your own.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                    bute aint even from canada, but he fights outside his own .... please name some current american top dogs whos done the same besides winky ....
                    hey stop ignoring my post and tell me examples of times foreigners got robbed in the U.S. OTHER than Lewis-Holyfield I and Sturm-De La Hoya.

Comment

hey stop ignoring my post and tell me examples of times foreigners got robbed in the U.S. OTHER than Lewis-Holyfield I and Sturm-De La Hoya.
                      one of the most recent fights I saw was Ward/Kessler where the former, an American, drove his head into the latter's (a Dane) eyes opening huge gashes to the point where he couldn't see and the fight had to be stopped. They weren't accidents either as it happened five times, how many were penalised?? none, Kessler's words? "home town ref", was he lying? definitely not.

Comment

Working...
                      X