No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    Man he should still be at light weight. The only welter he can hang with is manny and thats cuz he knows how to fight manny not cuz mannys a small welter.
    I disagree. I think Marquez hangs with any WW not named Floyd.

Guerrero, Malignaggi, Ortiz, Brook, Zaveck, Bailey, Lopez. These guys are not exactly monsters you know. Ortiz probably ends up being too big, but the rest I think Marquez beats. Marquez can hang with Bradley and Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Guerrero, Malignaggi, Ortiz, Brook, Zaveck, Bailey, Lopez. These guys are not exactly monsters you know. Ortiz probably ends up being too big, but the rest I think Marquez beats. Marquez can hang with Bradley and Alexander.
      I agree and JMM actually did land some clean shots against Floyd but the size was too much for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        Man he should still be at light weight. The only welter he can hang with is manny and thats cuz he knows how to fight manny not cuz mannys a small welter.
        I have to agree and disagree with you, yes jmm knows how to fight manny and yes as well the Pac is a small welter, JMM never mentioned vs pack that he felt that he was gving 20lbs unlike after he fought floyd...

Comment

But can he hang because he's a WW or because he's just that good? You really think Marquez could take bombs from a guy like Ortiz? Look at the trouble Katsidis caused, just from his power alone. Look at the trouble Juan Díaz caused with his early aggression... There is now way JMM should be fighting full fledged WW. Think about it, full fledged WW can be massive, think Tito, Hearns, Margarito etc. You think JMM should be toying in those waters?

I'm a HUGE JMM fan, and I believe he's at his twilight, sadly, overachieving in weight classes he's just not physically primed for.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Of course he was lost, he was fighting two divisions above his natural weight in his opponent's backyard 2,000 miles from home with a US ref and three US judges after being robbed of 2lbs.

He wasn't supposed to be anything but lost.

same place, same catchweight. just sayin'.

Comment

i have to agree but I dont think Ortiz size will result in a win over jmm...

Comment

That was actually one of Floyds best boxing performances. He could walked him down and used his size and strength but he just boxed him instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
                  Floyd is at another level than JMM defensively, plus he uses his physical attributes FULLY.

JMM at times would throw shots that would land on anyone else, but not Floyd, both because Floyd is a defensive wizard, and because JMM was just too small, with too little reach for some of those shots to reach him.

JMM was just too small to be competitive with a Floyd whom could easily compete at 154 if he wanted too, he has the size, reach, etc. JMM is an overblown lightweight honestly.

I don't consider that fight to be a measure of anything other than a great small guy fighting a great much bigger guy.
                  How can you really say the bold with the way Cotto pushed PBF around? Can he fight at 154 yes easily compete with the bigger 154 fighters hell no. PBF is not that big to stay at 154 and finish off his career fighting there.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                    i have to agree but I dont think Ortiz size will result in a win over jmm...
                    Ortiz is not half the fighter JMM is, but has been known to drop the occasional bomb effectively.

I don't know if JMM could get up from a well placed shot from a guy his size, and we all know JMM's name is next to cojones in the dictionary.

Comment

There are welters he can beat but Ortiz or even Berto would probably be to much physically for him. He could beat Malinaggi or Zavek and Bradley and Alexander yeah he could beat. I dont think he beats Matthysse at this stage though.

Comment

Working...
                      X