Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could an agressive Angulo have beaten that Sergio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could an agressive Angulo have beaten that Sergio?

I thought Cotto looked the same as he always has; which is a great 147lb fighter. Finding it hard to spot any of these roach-based improvements that are being vaunted.
    Yes
    83.33%
    No
    16.67%

Yes, but it would have been much harder. Sergio would be able to circle and throw a lot easier against Angulo. If Angulo got to him he'd have him in real, real deep trouble.

Comment

No because Angulo would follow him around which is a no no.

Comment

There was nothing on Martinez' shots, he couldn't sit down on his left. Anyone who could close the gap would've beaten him, because his legs wouldn't let him manoeuvre out of the way, and his punches wouldn't have acted as a deterrent.

Comment

the angulo that fought canelo would have got picked apart by the sergio that fought cotto.

angulo looked like a zombie; very slow of hand and foot and not committing to any of his punches at all.

cotto fought with a lot of intensity, speed and sharpness.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr1fter View Post
            There was nothing on Martinez' shots, he couldn't sit down on his left. Anyone who could close the gap would've beaten him, because his legs wouldn't let him manoeuvre out of the way, and his punches wouldn't have acted as a deterrent.
            Would you pick Chavez in a rematch?

Comment

Yes. Martinez had nothing. He couldnt step in or out and had to throw arm punches because of it. He couldnt bend his knees either and with his style it makes it hard to avoid headshots.

I remember a poster here mentioning that Martinez couldnt bend his knees to duck under the ropes in training (his head kept hitting). Very observant.

I cant see Sergio beating ANYONE with power and/or strength. Maybe a light puncher like Yuri or Paulie..but theres no one like that at 160. He's also much smaller than any of the middles or 154 guys like Trout or Angulo...he cant avoid ounches without his legs. He cant even clinch... You could see vs Cotto that it was all upper body then his legs would give in and hed have to leave his feet.

I think it's hard to spot someone he CAN beat...

Comment

Anyone could've beaten Maravilla yesterday, he was more shot that 50 cent.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
                  Anyone could've beaten Maravilla yesterday, he was more shot that 50 cent.
                  I think so too. Although Angulo isn't really a very good boxer so it might take him a while.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    Would you pick Chavez in a rematch?
                    Absolutely. I think if Mattysse had the confidence to soak up a couple of those jabs, he'd have beaten his countryman too

Comment

Working...
                    X