Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I read boxrec correctly? Did the judges have Alvarez ahead before the ref stopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I have to see the fight again but from what I remember I saw Canelo toying with Gomez, and Gomez with his ineffective aggression. Canelo also got a head start with the early knock down. That was already 10-8 in the first round.
    Alvarez was toying with Gomez so much that he was losing rounds because he wasn't landing **** on Gomez until the final round which I feel was an early stoppage. You'd think Alvarez was pounding on Gomez from the start of the fight with how quickly the ref stopped it. This is some disgusting bull****. Fight makes me sick to my stomach.

Comment

Think I had Gomez ahead, but Canelo didn't look like himself, dude wasn't throwing punches.

Comment

Ok guys i dont want to defend Canelo because i hate fighters with rediculously large egos, but Gomez had no chance in that fight and Canelo was toying with him just to get rounds in, and test his new shoulder roll which he abandoned in the Cintron fight because he cant shoulder roll for ****.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          He's talented yes, but he still hasn't proven himself yet IMO. He's stayed active this year though, I'll give him that.
          I'm confused though by the judges score cards... they had Gomez losing every round... which just isn't possible.. Alvarez had two rounds where he was just standing still or not doing anything while Gomez fired away... that's got to count for aggressiveness, no?
          You ask for too much from fighters.

Rhodes, Gomez, and Cintron are all solid opponents for a TWENTY ONE YEAR OLD.

Comment

21 year old(Is he even 21 anymore? Isn't he like 22 now?) should drop his paper belt or fight someone for real instead of being spoon-fed midgets who aren't even natural 154 pounders. And everyone knew Cintron was way past his best, he looked like **** his past 2 fights.

Now this little boy is trying to get a Floyd fight just so he can cash out without having to fight someone like James Kirkland. Alvarez should take that paper-belt of his and wipe it with his own butt because thats all that bs paper-belt is worth.

Comment

Perfect example of someone who DOESNT want the best fighting the best.

Comment

I had Gomez winning the fight; arguably winning every round before the stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                  Perfect example of someone who DOESNT want the best fighting the best.
                  So you feel Canelo is the best right now? And that's why he has to fight the best?

He's green as hell, what the hell is your problem. "The best", lol. Oh man.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    I had Gomez winning the fight; arguably winning every round before the stoppage.
                    So you had him winning the round he got knocked down in?

Comment

Originally posted by uoykcuf View Post
                      21 year old(Is he even 21 anymore? Isn't he like 22 now?) should drop his paper belt or fight someone for real instead of being spoon-fed midgets who aren't even natural 154 pounders. And everyone knew Cintron was way past his best, he looked like **** his past 2 fights.

Now this little boy is trying to get a Floyd fight just so he can cash out without having to fight someone like James Kirkland. Alvarez should take that paper-belt of his and wipe it with his own butt because thats all that bs paper-belt is worth.
                      So do you want him to fight the best or not?

Who is better, Kirkland or Floyd? What is the fight Canelo has a better chance winning of those two?

Comment

Working...
                      X