This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guzi815 View Post
    ok...there's a couple of dudes here that have thier own concept, and/or veiw of "things". And that's cool, after all, it's what makes us unique from all other creatures. Now, my story to YOU ALL....

I knew a guy, SPC Lamborn, and just like some of you guys, he spoke and felt as you do. That is until.....

My Platoon was pinned down by indirect fire near a Revene and the Latty, in Southeastern Afghanistan (2004). While laying on my back, reloading my primary weapon, SPC Lamborn was about 10ft. from me..."talking" to God...to please help him out, and get him out of there.

This is a true story, and what i'm trying to say is..."EVERYBODY" will go through some life altering event that WILL have them believe there is a supreme being in charge, some just haven't gone throught it "YET". But thier time will come...no one is exempt. As far as the scriptures....Jesus did exsist. Even the Jewish Community will atest to his existence. All historical scriptures, whether written in Hebrew, Chinese, Hindu, Arabic....even the "Koran" acknowledges the existance of Jesus Christ.
    you can't make a broad statement like that because it is simply untrue. I know plenty of people who have gone to the grave without them acknowledging a high being or deity.
    Being in a dangerous situation isn't the best example of this as people are prone to do irrational or out of character things when they are extremely scared or fearful for their lives. Having somthing comforting to fall back on isn't evidence of a supreme being it just makes them human.

And I am not denying the existence of Jesus. He is mentioned in other texts but like many things facts get turned into fiction or become exaggerated. Their are differences in their descriptions and veiws of him and also conflicting evidence. Herakles was known in both Greek, Roman, Egyptian and Persion texts as a son of a God and mortal woman even further back than Jesus so if one is beleivable and acceptable then why isn't the other?

Comment

Please Jesus
      Save Me From Your Followers!!!!

hOW DO ANY OF U KNOW gODS LAWS ARE THE RIGHT ONES?
      And who actually wrote the bible?

Comment

Cancer wake-up

Just got out of hospital...Bad cancer scare ...Thought about such things

Comment

Originally posted by Pico Hollywood View Post
          I'd rather die believing in eternal life and Jesus Christ than to be wrong and living with the fact that i was born with no purpose and I came about because circumstances on earth support life, and the only reason I exist is by pure chance, Doesn't that make you want to ****ing kill yourself? That knowing what you do in your life time is pure bull**** breath, thinking, the ability to ****ing love is bull****... My question to you is if we are just existing by pure chance what makes you tick? what makes you give a **** if your alive? because its pointless.

It's no wonder why some say religion is dangerous. It strips you of intellectual autonomy. Why are you so concerned about why you live instead of just living? Your belief has no basis in fact. It's all perception bro. The love for oneself, my family, and others is what makes me tick. It is the ultimate feeling of enlightenment. My inner divine guides my mind, heart, and soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Khent View Post
            It's no wonder why some say religion is dangerous. It strips you of intellectual autonomy. Why are you so concerned about why you live instead of just living? Your belief has no basis in fact. It's all perception bro. The love for oneself, my family, and others is what makes me tick. It is the ultimate feeling of enlightenment. My inner divine guides my mind, heart, and soul.
            Exactly what I was saying. But about that "Life Changing." a couple posts above was talking about, as said before everyone will fall to something that gives them comfort in such a time of danger. Now if you said that while talking to god a giant lightning bolt came down and lit every single hostile within a mile on fire and then sucked them up into the sky, then I could consider that something plausable

Comment

Originally posted by MolotoVSolution View Post
              Exactly what I was saying. But about that "Life Changing." a couple posts above was talking about, as said before everyone will fall to something that gives them comfort in such a time of danger. Now if you said that while talking to god a giant lightning bolt came down and lit every single hostile within a mile on fire and then sucked them up into the sky, then I could consider that something plausable

That is a natural reaction based on one's religious programming.

Comment

Jesus smells like a rotten snake's *******...and so does this thread.

Comment

Man, if you knew what you were saying, you would fall on your face and pour your heart out to God, and ask Him to forgive you for your sins and for talking about Him like that. Please dude, stop now and turn to Jesus. Please, for your sake.

Comment

so,, baisicaly say "im sorry" before you die.

cool I can do that.

Comment

No!!! Sorry isn't repentence. Repentence is turning AWAY from your sins toward Jesus Christ.

Comment

Working...
                      X