Collapse
No announcement yet.

people who apply for welfare should have to pass a drug test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a friend who's Native American and she gets drug screened in California to receive welfare.

Native Americans get special type of benefits, which requires drug screening. Not sure about Native Americans in other states.

Comment

throw them to the lions...that would be a good punishment if you choose to be a welfare case...

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
        Exactly. Its a terrible idea. I'm sure they fell bad enough as it is without some state bureaucrat testing their piss all the time.

And frankly, if you don't like submitting to a drug test a work, then maybe you should get a better job where they don't treat you like some potential junkie.
        If its one thing I hate its bureaucracy. Lazy underachievers do not deserve good benefits, decent-good pay and long vacations because they passed a measly civil servant exam. And if you tried to fire one of these cocksuckers, you'd have to jump through loops to get that done especially if they are a woman or minority, who would probably claim discrimination just for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          personally i think we should round up all the bums & low lifers & put them to work picking garbage & cleaning streets & parks like they do to inmates...there should be no freebees for lazy people who don't want to work.i got no problem with unemployment insurance but welfare is another story...drugs & booze are the last thing they should get for free....
          Drug testing is not cheap just more money the taz payer will have to shell out.Not to mention they will only stop weed smokers crack speed heroin only stay in your system for a few days.

Comment

Would these drug tests be random, monthly or just when they apply?

Comment

if i have to pass a drug test to go to work then a low income person should have to pass a drug test before they can get welfare or social assistance...i'm tired of all these dead beats milking the system with my tax dollars....
              My name is TriggerHapppy and I approve this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Viciouscycle View Post
                The days of generous welfare entitlements are dying. No matter what happens now, welfare people are going to get less pay. If the democrats win and continue to spend us into more debt, the entire country will eventually default and the value of that 500 dollar welfare check will be about 100 dollars or even much less depending on how far the market crashes.

If the Republicans win "which is most likely" then entitlement programs will be cut across the board to save money and prevent a default.

Either way, its bad news for welfare people.
                Yes, good. Let's cull the weak and infirm.

Comment

personally i think we should round up all the bums & low lifers & put them to work picking garbage & cleaning streets & parks like they do to inmates...there should be no freebees for lazy people who don't want to work.i got no problem with unemployment insurance but welfare is another story...drugs & booze are the last thing they should get for free....
                  And whos gonna pay these "bums" to pick up garbage? The goverment would. In a time when the gov is beyond broke. And since they didn't commit any crime they would have to recieve a minimun salary and benifits because its a federal job. That would end up costing more than them being on welfare.

I get what ur saying but it doesnt make sense financially

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    And whos gonna pay these "bums" to pick up garbage? The goverment would. In a time when the gov is beyond broke. And since they didn't commit any crime they would have to recieve a minimun salary and benifits because its a federal job. That would end up costing more than them being on welfare.

I get what ur saying but it doesnt make sense financially
                    also .....Drug test cost money

TS didn't think this through

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      If its one thing I hate its bureaucracy. Lazy underachievers do not deserve good benefits, decent-good pay and long vacations because they passed a measly civil servant exam. And if you tried to fire one of these cocksuckers, you'd have to jump through loops to get that done especially if they are a woman or minority, who would probably claim discrimination just for good measure.
                      My father was a big city official and the perks were amazing. Half the time he didn't even go to work, and when he did, he just stood around all day joking around with the help.

Comment

Working...
                      X