No announcement yet.

How Good was Edwin Valero?**Prelude to Demarco vs Broner **

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Good was Edwin Valero?**Prelude to Demarco vs Broner **

I was just watching Demarco vs Edwin Valero and I was really impressed by Edwin's sense of timing, speed, power, and endurance. He looked to be one fo the first guys to really handle Demarco. IMO I think Demarco has fought Real legit competition to make his name. He's no push over and has show significant improvement since losing to Edwin Valero, who, if he was still around would be beasting allot of fighters. (too bad he was insane)

I think Edwin is better than Broner in regards to being able to adjust in the ring. Though Broner is big and has pop, I feel his transition game could be the problem. I notice he get's stuck in either defending or attacking mode. Since watching some of Demarco's fighter recently, post Edwin Valero loss, He has really good timing and has good ability to nullify speed as an attribute threw this. Demarco also packs a punch also, his deadly right hook and great jab.

We all know timing kills speed.

My question is, will his experience fighting Edwin, who imo is the superior boxer, play a major factor in this fight? Or will Broner roll in break him down and take him out?

ps good fight

i think valero was pretty good. most people know him for his knockout power and think of him as a brawler, but the guy had excellent all-around boxing skills. it's too bad we didn't get to see him in some marquee fights.

Comment

Valero would have put Broner in a coffin, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
        i think valero was pretty good. most people know him for his knockout power and think of him as a brawler, but the guy had excellent all-around boxing skills. it's too bad we didn't get to see him in some marquee fights.
        So your edge would be to Demarco? Because he fought a "better" technical athlete?

Yeah same here, i wish he wasn't crazy...

Comment

He was a "Does nothing Great but does everything good" type of fighter. I mean he had crazy power but he just didnt go nuts he tried to set it up and wasnt scared to mix it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
            So your edge would be to Demarco? Because he fought a "better" technical athlete?

Yeah same here, i wish he wasn't crazy...
            it's a pick em fight but i favor demarco because i think he's more comfortable at the weight and has fought the better competition. he has one hell of a chin so i dunno about broner stopping him. i could see this being a close fight with broner getting the nod because of all the hype surrounding him. would love to see demarco knock him out though

Comment

IMHO, Valero's hands were WMD's

Comment

He was a phenom type of fighter, just not the type with crazy speed or exceptional fluidity, etc. He was a unique package and if Broner really is to be one of the next guys then Demarco will have the similar deer in headlights look he had at times against Edwin...that is what I am looking for in this fight. Maybe that's not fair to Broner who isn't as naturally intimidating as Edwin and probably won't have a face full of blood lookng like a cannibal..Demarco's will was taken during that fight

I want to see if his speed can overwhelm Demarco, that will be a good indicator of where he is because Demarco is much better now and has really come back from that night, pretty big fight for Broner. both really

Comment

Allot of good comments. appreciate the feedback.

I honestly find this fight very interesting, in a way it will be kinda like a cross roads fight for Demarco of sorts. Will he be a deer in headlights or will he have learned something?

Will Broner win and begin to cement his status as a great fighter? Or will he lose and some how be exposed or will he find fans in defeat depending on how he loses.

All i all, I think Broner has allot more to lose, allot more...

Comment

think he had an unfair advantage in the ring by being completely insane hahaha. The only significant victory on his resume was his victory over DeMarco, so it's really tough to say. My guess is he would have been pretty damn good though. Seeing him in there with Rios, Maidana, or Matthysse would have been a treat

Comment

Working...
                    X