Collapse
No announcement yet.

CNN: US Never Apologized or Admitted Shooting Down Iran Air Plane in 1988

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] CNN: US Never Apologized or Admitted Shooting Down Iran Air Plane in 1988

Erin Burnett reported on other passenger airliners that have been shot down, focusing on the 1988 shooting down of an Iranian passenger airliner by the US Navy, killing all 274 on board.

The US government worked hard to cover up the event and later to justify it. Vice President George H.W. Bush said before the UN:

“I will never apologize for the United States – I don’t care what the facts are.”

To this day, the US has still refused to apologize or to take responsibility for the deaths of 274 innocent people. Year later, the US agreed to pay $60 million to the families of the dead, without admitting responsibility.

Burnett compared the situation to the downing of Malaysia Airlines MH17 over Ukraine last week. She then interviewed presidential worshipper and former advisor David Gergen who admitted that it was “strikingly similar” to the MH17 events, but then tried to explain it was different because we were in the region to do good, unlike Putin’s involvement with events on Russia’s border.

The segment was an unusual one for CNN and especially for Erin Burnett, who rarely questions official US policy.

Watch it here:

http://outfront.blogs.cnn.com/2014/0...ane-shot-down/

Comment

Since everybody responsible has probably been long since dead. I apologize for them. ok?

Comment

"Shoot first, ask questions later" - Ben Franklin

'Murica, **** yeah!

Comment

alright alright

'our bad'

we good?

Comment

I love US but there is no denying they tend to be hypocrites sometimes with their foreign policy... US invaded Iraq without UN's approval.. But they criticize Russia.. US also criticize China re hacking but NSA does the same thing... US should mellow down trying to be worlds's police..

Instead we should worry more about jobs/economy and the dwindling middle class...

Comment

Originally posted by nerdjack View Post
              Erin Burnett reported on other passenger airliners that have been shot down, focusing on the 1988 shooting down of an Iranian passenger airliner by the US Navy, killing all 274 on board.

The US government worked hard to cover up the event and later to justify it. Vice President George H.W. Bush said before the UN:

“I will never apologize for the United States – I don’t care what the facts are.”

To this day, the US has still refused to apologize or to take responsibility for the deaths of 274 innocent people. Year later, the US agreed to pay $60 million to the families of the dead, without admitting responsibility.

Burnett compared the situation to the downing of Malaysia Airlines MH17 over Ukraine last week. She then interviewed presidential worshipper and former advisor David Gergen who admitted that it was “strikingly similar” to the MH17 events, but then tried to explain it was different because we were in the region to do good, unlike Putin’s involvement with events on Russia’s border.

The segment was an unusual one for CNN and especially for Erin Burnett, who rarely questions official US policy.

Watch it here:
              This is America and I speak American!!! F.uck ur sentiments!!!

But on the real tho, The U.S. doesn't apologize... I just don't get why we expect other countries to apologize to us... Live and let live...

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfFeint View Post
                I love US but there is no denying they tend to be hypocrites sometimes with their foreign policy... US invaded Iraq without UN's approval.. But they criticize Russia.. US also criticize China re hacking but NSA does the same thing... US should mellow down trying to be worlds's police..

Instead we should worry more about jobs/economy and the dwindling middle class...

Comment

they never formally apologized perhaps but they paid restitution....millions of dollars in payouts

they took responsibility unlike the Barbaric Ruskies who deny, deny, deny.

Comment

Working...
                  X