Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gary Goodridge diagnosed with Muhammad Alis disease!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Goodridge diagnosed with Muhammad Alis disease!

link

Pretty crazy though you had to see it coming dude has been KO/TKOd 24 times combined in MMA and Kickboxing after facing the best of the best heavyweights and super heavyweights in both sports. Might not be a world beater but is still a legend in this young sport. Hope he's made enough money to retire comfortably hes earned it.

This will be the first of many wouldn't be suprised if Chuck is next though chuck wasnt in half the battles with half the talent goodrige has.

What he has is different (although similar) to what Muhammad Ali has.

Either way, I see this as merely the first major case so far in MMA.

Thanks for the fights, Gary. You had an influence in making me a life long fan of the sport

Comment

Comment

Awww come the fuck on, man! Serious? He's got Parkinson's?

Comment

Muhammad Ali disease? Really? Its Parkinson's. There are going to be many cases of mma fighters having pugilistic dementia in the years to come. One of my friends who follows mma went to a ufc out in vegas not too long ago and said he saw liddell at one of the fan expos and said the dude was having a real hard time speaking and its only going to get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
            Muhammad Ali disease? Really? Its Parkinson's. There are going to be many cases of mma fighters having pugilistic dementia in the years to come. One of my friends who follows mma went to a ufc out in vegas not too long ago and said he saw liddell at one of the fan expos and said the dude was having a real hard time speaking and its only going to get worse.

it will be interesting to see what sort of effect this has on their fanbase

it's galvanized boxing fans

these guys are endearing in part because they're killing themselves out there.

these guys think they appreciate legends now?
            wait until they start dying young. wait until a fighter dies in the ring/cage. it's bound to happen (especially after these guys start stretching out their careers.)
            then they'll have a better idea what they are seeing and i'm guessing it will push a lot away and bring the rest of them together

chuck liddell is punch drunk
            that's what they used to call it, and for the purposes of our discussion that's what we can call it. the guy can hardly talk because of all the punches he took and knockouts he suffered.

Comment

These 2 have a lot to do with it I'm sure. Gary is a tough mofo though. I hope it doesn't progress too badly. Thanks for the fights Big Daddy...

Comment

It's really sad. But to be honest, I would have been VERY surprised if the man didn't end up like this health wise.

I remember many years ago in a K-1 Match Chalid Arrab knocked him out COLD brutally and some people were already thinking damn, this guy should retire. And that was many many years ago, and he has been ko'd and tko'd so many more times after that.

I've read an article about it and it seems a lot of scumbag promoters put him in some brutal matchups just because of his name. A lot of these people don't care about the fighter's health, so something needs to be done to protect the fighters from themselves as well.

Comment

Sad, but not surprising. 85 fights, 24 KO losses, many of which were very brutal will add up eventually.

Comment

Working...
                  X