No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux-Marroquin Finalized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    How do you know he hasn't been trying? Even if I didn't know anything about the guy, I know that Rigo, fast approaching the downside of his career, would be begging for some bigger fights. Realize that this man defected from Cuba with nothing and still has very little. He needs to make his money and fast. I don't believe for a second that he would refuse any reasonable fights. What kind of money do you think he's making fighting no-names? His effective career will, sadly, soon be over. He wants to fight the big dogs, believe me.
    becuase nonito is all he talks about , thats how...and if he did, we would've heard it by now...there's 2 things that rigo talks about..nonito and how everyone is ducking him...**** there were times when pwill and clottey were claimed avoided fighters..lol

fighting no names makes him not much ..but fighting name fighters despite the assumption of his fans he destroys em all like an arce , rafa or a vasquez jr quadroples the money he gets fighting prospects...and raises his stocks more as afighter beating these guy than beating prospects and bums
    Last edited by danceswithfire; 08-04-2012, 12:42 AM.

Comment

You know, I thing Rigo is just in a tough spot, when it comes to making fights.

We all know he isn't your "average" 10 fight fighter. And there lies the rub.

The dude has what, over 400 amateur fights, and is a 2 time Olympic gold medalist, who is extremely gifted.

So clearly he will be a dangerous opponent for any of the top dogs at 122.

"But who has he beat? He only has 10 fights!" Is the argument against him. It's a like a dog chasing it's own tail.

I think that Marroquin is a solid fight for him, way to grab one of the straps, and throw his name out there.

Arce wants no part of Rigo, of that I have no doubt.

Comment

It's not like Rigo is pulling a Vanes, calling out guys and then side-steps when the offers reach his table. Arum is bringing him along like a 24 year old prospect. Rigo knows that to make noise instantly, he has to get Donaire in the ring. Personally, I don't mind Donaire not fighting Rigo yet. I take exception to the fact that Rigo has to fight opposition that won't prove anything to the doubters, or fights that won't increase his star power. Putting a beatdown on Kennedy was expected. Beating Marroquin will also be expected.

Comment

Working...
        X